Squadron Badges

I think I was either in the same place as you were, or at least had the same or very similar ‘briefing’ from a certain RC!!

So i assume you are WSO?

Greater Manchester Wing have their own MTP badge that cadets (and staff) wear in MTP.

I’m not in GMW but perhaps you could find someone in that wing and ask what process they went through to get it approved….

:rofl:

Naturally I’d expect the answer to be “well we just did whatever we wanted”.

Best of luck.

1 Like

It may have been that they used it for Nijmegan or Arnhem as our Wing did the same and then told us that we couldnt wear it again!

A quick browse of their wing Facebook page indicates that is not the case.

1 Like

Back in the day, when we did Nijmegen in DPM, we had wing crest brassards. Quite nice quality and a nice souvenir. Never worn again after the event however.

1 Like

Ive done quite a few bits and bobs with people from GMW and they all wore them then if I remember correctly.

Something tells me you might be right… Either that or a “well we’ve always done it that way”

For quite a while the dress regs allowed unit TRF’s as long as they were authorised (I think it went through the WWO), in my current Wing pretty much every unit still has its own TRF (usually a subdued Squadron crest or elements of it) and no questions have been raised. (We all had to resubmit them a few years ago when the WWO changed.)

1 Like

Has anyone had any recent correspondence with acobadges?

We’re getting no response via rafac or gmail accounts.

Is there anyone else to escalate to?

AP1358C has this line:

0624.For advice and approval of badges, contact the Support & Training Officer -Badges, Coats of Arms, Banners and Standards at RAFAC Headquarters.

Yep, got that: not getting a response.

1 Like

Talk to your Wing WO, they were briefed by ‘the man’ at the conference so I here. They could pass on his details.

I’m afraid you heard wrong.