Sqn Ldr Colin Crann

Very, very sad to report that “Col” has lost his fight with Covid19.

I can’t recall which year I first met Col at Bisley (it’s a loooong time ago), but I do remember his fantastic sense of humour & his incredible devotion to cadets, especially for shooting.

I’ve got a picture of him somewhere with the rescue owl that he used to bring along!

The cadet shooting world has lost a fantastic person. :cry:

Raising a drink to his memory.

1 Like

Do you have that photo? I met a few sqn ldrs at Bisley but never caught their names. My condolences to his friends and family

Page 49, group picture, far left I believe

a very sad loss he was a top bloke - RIP

1 Like

Better picture.

2 Likes

A huge loss to Durham/Northumberland Wing. I have known Colin since 2003 when I moved up to the North East - he was my Sector Commander at one point and supported me through a new HQ build process.

This photo came about because there had been a mistake with an ammunition order for a camp of 120 cadets and 50+ staff at Warcop. We had no ammo delivered and we were in a real fix. In true Colin style, he rang his mate at the ACF and managed to blag 23,000 rounds to support the camp - the joke was that Colin had saved Christmas.

7 Likes

I knew Colin for over 25 years and although he was based in the south of our wing, Colin’s presence was felt all the way to Berwick-upon-Tweed in the north of it!
I believe Colin was an AWO and got commissioned to be able to assist the cadets in a bigger capacity… He could be brusque at times but it was always justified by peoples actions! The times I worked with or interfaced with Colin I was always impressed by him and the respect he got from cadets & staff… We have lost another Durham/Northumberland stalwart… RIP Colin, there is a pint on the bar for you mate!

2 Likes

"Colin Crann’s Funeral will take place at Sunderland crematorium on Wednesday 27/1/21 at noon.

There will be a live stream of the service for anyone wanting to attend virtually. Visit www.obitus.com user name Kofa3912 password 211891

Can you please pass on this information to those who may be interested in viewing."

3 Likes

Today.

1 Like

Lovely service.

I doubt if I will get as many nice mentions at mine!

2 Likes