Sqn Banner with Sqn Badge

I find it amazing that you managed to knock up a spoof squadron badge, in probably very little time, and it’s still more in line with the way they should be produced than the vast majority of those in the ATC.

3 Likes

Why doesn’t the Facebook Page still do that? It hasn’t posted since August?

Pass. Ask @DJRice

Yeah, there’s been an auth issue, it’s on my list of jobs to do.

The server move got in the way!

1 Like

Should be fixed now - it won’t post the missing ones, but anything new from now should pop up!

Cheers

Photoshop skills level 1 :joy:

1 Like

You did that with photoshop? I think last time I made one I opted for illustrator. Couldn’t bend the text right otherwise.

Not got either any more - just stuck with GIMP and Inkscape. Free software ftw!

Yeah YouTube is your friend when you want to learn something :blush:

388 have one:

2 Likes

Isn’t that the wrong colour blue for sqn banners? Thoucght it was a similar colour to Wedgwood blue shirts.

It’s the colour they produce them in now

Have recently got a quote from N&N. They offer both. The lighter “RAF Blue” is correct

1 Like

I reckon that 388’s there actually is the lighter blue - it’s just been photographed in shadow.
The “other” blue tends to be far more glaringly and vomit-inducingly hideous.

I really don’t like the straight scroll :confused:

2 Likes

You won’t be allowed to adopt a disbanded units badge unfortunately

Well we have. And it’s approved by the inspector of badges. All formally done, no issues.

1 Like

That’s actually interesting… Their previous word on the matter was always “no”.

This has been in place for years, it isn’t something we’ve just had done.

Just found this if it adds food for thought. Not quite sure it follows regs (banner standards are a skill gap in my knowledge) FB_IMG_1570555310949|666x500

That one looks legit as per the written regulations, though the shape of the ATC badge is questionable.
The tablecloth is a bit sketchy too!

1 Like

I wasnt sure about the other badge/crest to be honest. I’ve seen something similar before but wasnt sure if it was permitted