Speke Sqn - minibus stolen / building ransacked!

My comments are not printable. He worked for RFCA introducing CEP, say no more, he destroyed with others my old Squasron.

2 Likes

He tried shotgun another two squadrons but I don’t know if he was successful before his short and undistinguished reign came to a close. I and others tried to fight this even involving politicians who were snowed by the ACO from HQAC downwards

An arrogant little man.

1 Like

Second time on 12 months after the move from and a merger from a TA centre with very high railings.

Gutted to hear about this - really sick of reading about squadrons being targeted like this, utter scum.

1 Like

Second time in 12 months for the same bus, and trashed a very specific area of the sqn, where the keys where likely kept, definitely seems to be targeted.

1 Like

Perhaps they should get an alarm fitted…

Better get it properly authorised…

3 Likes

Our minibus was stolen too.

Turns out it was teenagers from 10 miles away. Opportunists. Targeted a house being renovated and we were over the back fence.

They got reported when seen spraying out our signwriting. They also sprayed over the magnetic sign on the back door. Not the sharpest tools in the box.

Sorry to hear about this. It causes a lot of aggro

1 Like

I understand that the minibus has been found now.

Pity they didn’t move 90 squadron to Aigbuth TA centre then.

Why are people not using multiple wheelclamps and a secondary immobiliser, whilst not perfect it may slow the scum down or stop them altogether.

Maybe we have the same Scouse Friend :smiley:

Wait…they were in a TA centre but moved to a hut that was an easy target for thieves?

I’m Glad they got their bus back but how long before it’s taken again? I’m guessing who ever stole it left it somewhere to come back for it in a few days? But still their Sqn was ransacked by scrotes :frowning: hope it’s all fixable and the community comes together to help them rebuild so to speak…

Long story 7F were on a TA centre since the 60s in their own hut, land was being sold at rear of the centre and the money realised and part ofthe deal was to build a tri-service cadet building by adding a second story to the old small bore range. Eventually what happened was the ‘new Wing Commander’ decided that the money for the conversion which never was, was not to be used in conjuction wth the ACF to undetake work in the main TA barracks building. Forced a shotgun merger with 90 (Speke Squadron) and moved 7F into actually Garston where Speke Sqaudron are. Far higher crime area compared to Aigbuth TA barracks, whichare surrounded by twenty foot fences the majority with spikes on. The ACF are still in the TA Barracks.

I would suggest that you have a peruse of these documents as they make interesting reading.

Documents relating to 7F(1st City of Liverpool Squadron ATC and Toosey Barracks Aigburth Liverpool

2 Likes

Haven’t they built on that site now?

No, not totally, there is still the vehicle hardstanding behind the barracks but the ACF use the building which was what 7F did prior to the bombshell being dropped on the fateful monday night. The Sqaudron were informed without warning and the OC 90 Squadron didn’t know what was happening either. He only found out after 7F staff and CWC. OC 90 Squadron was I believe furious and he has since I believe left the ACO.

Very interesting. Although I believe your last statement may be incorrect, as the former OC 90 was on an ACO activity last week.

I had heard that he had stepped dowwn, must have been wrong intel. Read the FOI documents, most interesting, as posted.

1 Like

I got through a few of those emails, will finish the rest 2moro. Does make interesting reading in some cases.

Indeed they do.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.