Spare

I’m surprised that nobody has started a thread to discuss the recent activities and publication of a certain Prince of the Realm.

For starters, here’s an amusing pic that I lifted from a mate’s FB. It would appear that squabbles have been documented before!

1 Like

What I find amusing is that Charles & Di did the maths, figured both would still be alive in 2066 & encouraged the use of the names William & Harold.

2 Likes

I was never against Hazza, I thought he was a good lad and someone people could relate to, almost ‘normal’ if that’s ever possible for members of the RF. He was also very well thought of by the military as he’d been there and done it, so his charitable work in that area was great.

When he first got together with MM, I thought they made a great couple, she seemed a ‘nice girl’ (sorry if that statement offends people). I remember watching a fly-on-the-wall prior to their wedding and she came across really well. And dare I say it, nobody mentioned the bl—k or r-ce words; why would they?

What’s gone wrong? Family squabbles happen, show me one that’s perfect! For me, it’s the hypocrisy of them both, saying they want to be out of the limelight which Diana disliked so much and which Hazza clearly feels contributed to her demise, and yet they now court the same attention as a way of life!

1 Like

If Harry really wanted to get his side of the story out, he would release his story onto a free medium, not sign up for a book deal and multiple TV interviews.

He’s obviously motivated by money and maintaining the lifestyle of when he was a royal.

5 Likes

I think it’s not as clear cut as that, I think there are things he hasn’t unpacked yet and is just running on internal logic so he’s basically all over the place. It could even be that Megan is okay with things but Harrys being over sensitive causing a lot of the issues.

1 Like

I’ve noticed it’s already 50% off in most book stores :rofl:

3 Likes

They’re doing that as a loss leader though in the big stores. Get people in the door and they may buy something else as well

2 Likes

He never said he wanted the level of privacy the tabloid press pretend he does. They’ve made that up as an attack line, so they can call him a hypocrite in this exact way.

What he wanted was to work in public life on his terms, not on the terms of the tabloid press. I for one can’t blame him, what really opened my eyes to the way he was reported was this:

When Meghan and Kate do the EXACT same thing, Meghan gets slated and Kate is praised. That level of negativity has an impact, and creates a risk to their safety. I think I’d F off and leave the country too tbh.

3 Likes

I agree that there are clearly differing standards of reporting, especially with the red tops and the Mail/Express, but what came first, the departure from mainstream Royal duties or the media disparity? And is dissing your family in public the best way to address the disparity?

1 Like

Well, they stepped down in 2020, and those articles pre-date their wedding in some cases. It didn’t take much googling to work out.

I think his point is that his family have been leaking stories about him for years, and he wanted to set out his side on his terms for a change?

5 Likes

I am reading it at the moment and the headlines from recent days are totally out of context. By design of course.

My take away so far is that he is a deeply traumatised man, totally unhappy with a system he was thrust into without choice. A system that can’t, or won’t, counter the false stories attributed to him and Meghan.

He is unflinchingly honest, probably in part to prevent the kind of stories we saw last week - getting ahead of the Tabloids to sink their stories.

I don’t have a problem with it costing me some dosh, the security his family needs because of who he is costs money. Got to come from somewhere.

I also recommend watching his interview with Stephen Colbert from earlier in the week. It’s on YouTube and I thought it genuine and insightful.

5 Likes