Space badge possible position on brassard

even without the feathered wing (cut it off?) this would be a better badge (and following the parent service) vs the one shared above by JoeBloggs

1 Like

You could have it without the wing on the brassard at lower levels, with wing on jumpers / PCS shirts for the top awards.

1 Like

ill look and see if i can find the possible brassard reshuffle as ive seen it on another thread it had the position hqrafac wanted to put the space baddge

This spells the end for separate Cyber/Comms badges doesn’t it, because from what i’ve heard this space badge is Going on the right of the brassard

From a grainy image off reddit that shows the cyber and radio merging and going where parachuting thats the HQAC proposal where as we want the space badge to simply replace parachuting badge instead of merging and moving badges

This one isnt so grainy!

The cadet propsal is so much better imo

2 Likes

I bet the square badges have already been purchased though, so they need to be able to fit that size in.

1 Like

Yeah sadly… scissors?

With Comms being moved to the para badge, it just shows we’re never getting parachuting back. However if Space goes above RM, it could allow cadets to choose.

But HQAC new that when they made their choice :man_shrugging:t2:

Glad to see something being done about the ridiculous situation with the radio and cyber badges being so difficult to tell apart.

1 Like

Maybe, but this just merges the two, quite seperate (post blue) syllabuses. Unless there is a merging of the two, then it’ll be quite the challenge to quickly see who has what radio or cyber qualification.

It already is. They’re both the same design and both, inexplicably, have a ‘C’.

We’re already seeing the merger through Alpha Charlie.org being titled " RAFAC Cyberspace Communications" and previously Cyber & Electromagnetic Activities

The way I see it:
Radio: C - Communication, Blue Bolts at all levels.
Cyber: C - Cyber, Badge Colour at all levels.

I agree that it’s not incredibly clear, but it’s far from impossible.

Fair enough, that ties in with the rumours of the syllabuses coming closer together and the fact that Gold Cyber covers one of the Silver Radio units on the first full day.

Looking at that HQAC plan I would be fine with it. My only worry is that instead of a good combination of Radio and Cyber we end up with the Blue as it currently is and the rest becoming primarily a cyber role and losing the radio quals. I hope that dosen’t happen as I’ve quite enjoyed the parts of both I’ve had a chance to do but would line up with some ‘simplifying’ ideas we’ve seen of late.

The Cadet proposal although definetly spelling the end for parachuting does look better than the HQAC one. I always thought that once parachuting was out Space would replace it but I suppose there’s no way the space badge will fit as they have made it so big. The circular one would probably be a simple enough order change but probably too late until they do a revamp of the whole badge placement and sizes again and change it round very slowly (and make lots of half-way and confussing brassards in the mean time).

Looks terrible to me. Taking matched dimensions and replacing with a mish mash of differently proportioned badges?

A 5 year old has a better understanding of symmetry and aesthetic than whoever created that.

1 Like

I said fine with it not happy lol. I doubt there will be that many people with it and I think I’ll just get used to it after a few months. I do hope it get changed to something like that cadet idea but we haven’t always seen good care for asethetic and symmetry from HQAC.

I think the whole reason of the cadet proposal is that we need to show HQAC where we want it as it was one of those “repost until they change” type of movement personally i like the separate radio and cyber and space replacing parachuting would be the better option. If they dont want to change the badges we have scissors…