SMS Reports

How easy is it to get new ones @james_elliott?

A useful one for me would be an activity approval report which describes the submission lead times (e.g. date of event - date submitted for approval) and lead time for approval (date of approval - date of submission).

Could be applied to all event categories in a similar fashion, but it would be useful for me to identify trends in short submission times which end up giving approvers very short timescales to review (and causing stress to all involved where changes are required to the application). This would allow targeted support to those particular units to deal with whatever is driving the late submissions.

Itā€™s also of interest to target support to where there are long approval times - we need to get a balance between a decent amount of notice and a decent turnaround time on applications, but I donā€™t have the data to support that without doing a lot of mandraulic copying of approval dates into excel.

Is the best way to ask for this still an email to the helpdesk?

Would also be useful to add into that the time for closure.
ACTO 10 (think its that one) requires we close applications within 7 days of the event.

Good shout.

I think thatā€™s on the event approval dashboard for WHQ/RHQ accounts

1 Like

You can filter by overdue events, but it doesnā€™t say how over due they are or allow you to interrogate the information to identify an trends.

Also, highlight when applications have been submitted well in time, yet donā€™t get approved to the night before

1 Like

Thatā€™s my last but one paragraph.

Would be nice if wings and above close their eventsā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t understand the relevance to the report request?

Have you flagged it with the event IC in a nice way, or raised it with the WEXO /ARC or just hijacking the thread to whinge?

Itā€™s not, I think what you want will allow you to highlight potential poor planning or equally poor approval.

1 Like

Necessary?

Nope.

You have suddenly become very vocal on several threads in counter to my posts.

Looking for ā€˜promotionā€™ on here to mod statusā€¦ :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

You do know you dont get a PTS badge for that?

To answer your question. Of course I have emailed the wexo.
Unlike Mr Hughes. Mine is less than helpful.

What would super duper awesome would be the ability to self create reports in SMS.

PoweBI esque with all the data feeds in place then drag drop the information you need.

But Iā€™m probably thinking too far head of myself there

4 Likes

Even better - but I suspect thatā€™s a pipe dream for now - just a report would do!

1 Like

And save said reports as a template or something.
Maybe even the function to share such reports so other can use.

1 Like

Drop me an email :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done!

Seen and responded :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speaking of reports, sorry to bump, I was curious about how much flying and gliding the squadron had actually done recently and itā€™ll only bring out numbers for cadets who are still active.

I canā€™t, say, look for how much flying we have done in the last 5 years, because 75% of those cadets have now left.

So how can I find that information? Is there a way reports can include cadets who are no longer current, but did do an activity within the timeframe youā€™re searching?

1 Like

is it not easier to search for the SMS events that the Cadets signed up to/names were added to?

You could in theory go back as far as SMS has a history for listing all Squadron events, from there filter for ā€œflyingā€ and suddenly your Mum has a brother called Robert

1 Like

Tried that. No joy. Canā€™t overly fathom why, only two instances pop up and I know weā€™ve had more than that.