SMS Help

To add to that, as it isn’t obvious. You go to the ‘active cadets’ page and it’s a separate button on the right hand side, not something in the drop down list!

Fair one.

Only because I was also wondering and it took me a lot longer then I’d like to admit to find it :rofl:

Thank yo ever so much I have now created the new flights just have to do the allocation now which looks to be straightforward… Thanks again for the help.

2 Likes

I’m have a recurring issue with the SMS, and I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issues, and if they had managed to sort them.

Every now and then (tonight, for example) I’ll try and log onto the SMS and I’ll get the error message “incorrect username or password”. I’ll triple check my username and password are correct, but I still get the same message.

I’m assuming that my password has expired, and so have followed the link to change my password. When I do that, I get the message “an unexpected error has occurred, please try again”. Trying again gets the same message, and if I try to log in again, I get the incorrect username and password error message (trying both the new and old passwords).

I’ve also tried to use the link on the bader home page, and get exactly the same issue.

The last time this happened, I was locked out of the SMS for about 5 days, and then I could suddenly log in again.

The password reset works first time for my personal account, and clearing cookies or Trying to access it in incognito mode doesn’t help either.

All suggestions gratefully received!

1 Like

SMS password is known to be a bit ‘broken’
I tend to suggest people use incognito/Private browser window, and login at https://portal.office.com - where it will force a reset if it has expired

Otherwise suggest contacting your Bader PoC to help reset the password.

2 Likes

That seems to have sorted it!

Thank you so much! :beers:

Try changing your password via account.Microsoft.com

1 Like

It absolutely is not just you - I have been getting frustrated with this issue as well. I think it occurs when SMS is either taken down or has crashed. Instead of telling you this, it gives the “incorrect username or password” message. The first time it happened, I went through the change password procedure but it wasn’t that and I wasted ages trying to resolve it. It eventually resolves itself, so I would be inclined to just wait and try again. I had the issue at the weekend lasting from Sunday evening until Monday afternoon. Report to Bader Rep, I suggest (like I have).

1 Like

Since the latest update I just get error 500 on signing in to SMS, squadron and wing account. As do the rest of the staff on squadron.

Helpdesk tickets raised earlier in the week, but no resolution. Cadets will start to miss out if not fixed soon.

Better pray for a stiff breeze so everything is cancelled anyway.

EDIT: Looks like it might now be fixed, thank gawd.

Can anyone shed any light on “This password does not meet the length, complexity, age, or history requirements of your corporate password policy.” please?

So incredibly helpful that it doesn’t say how it doesn’t meet them, despite being similarly formatted to every password I’ve used ever on SMS… And it’s definitely not one (a few different attempts, tbh) I’ve used before.

Trying to change my role pw so I can do my role on one of my few actual days off where I don’t have stuff to do that pays the bills…

That will flag up if the new password is sufficiently similar to a previous one used. For example if you change some of the numerical digits but keep the same text characters or vice versa. Other than that I think it needs to include text characters, numerical characters and at least one special character (&!#* etc). I forget that minimum password length.

MB

To reset the PW use the option on logging on to SharePoint or Mail, resetting from SMS doesn’t work for some reason

1 Like

Seconded. You can’t use the password update in SMS. That’s exactly the error it gives.

Changing it through the MS365 password reset works.

1 Like

Is SMS having a wobble tonight or is this some higher powers way of saying don’t login to SMS on New Years Day? Do I ignore and try again in the morning or is it an actual fault that I need to do something with?
First login it said username / password incorrect (changed it) and now this.

1 Like

Did you try to change password on SMS? If so try changing it on SharePoint. I think the password reset on SMS doesn’t work.

1 Like

The ‘too many redirects’ error, is normally caused by the role account you’ve just tried to log in as, not being assigned to anyone. Two reasons for role accounts being unassigned are if a person has transferred unit, or has been suspended (e.g. due to lapse in mandatory training).

Ask to your Wing Bader Officer to confirm in AMS. If it’s not that they’ll pass it onto the Helpdesk.

I did the password change via the landing site. It lets me in so that I can tick the box on the Sy Ops screen and click save but then throws up the error on the next page

I’ve just been assigned a new role account (Regional), so wonder if that has thrown a spanner in the works?
I’ll speak to the Wing Bader Officer and ask him to have a look.
Thank you

Removed from role account on Sqn and also appear to have been removed from the Wing so he can’t re-add me, will have to wait until Helpdesk return from holibobs to over-ride it and sort it out.

2 Likes