Silver Cyber

does anyone know what the syllabus is for silver cyber? have been told by some people that it is self taught by completing the Open University Introduction to Cybersecurity but unaware if this is correct? if anyone could give me information, I’d be extremely grateful

Yup. As posted above. If you have the bronze you should be able to complete these at home in no time. Personally, with the new syllabus I’ll be surprised/disappointed if any cadets have the bronze badge for more than a month, especially as they can start this in advance of bronze

I’ve been attempting to get on a bronze course for well over a year now however I’ve been told that the syllabus has supposedly been changed and no courses are available

The courses should still be running until the NCSC run courses (which are replacing the in house course) are launched. A shame if your Wing are not doing it. Anyone would think that the PTS was made up with no thought or planning…

If they aren’t running the bronze it may be worth doing the silver stuff anyway. That way as soon as you manage to get on a bronze course you’ll get silver as well

The syllabus is changing so there are no more train-the-trainer courses available, but the old Bronze cyber can be delivered until further notice (which might be years or minutes!)

1 Like

Ask around, our Wing is running them.
Ask your training officer or OC to contact your Wing radio off. Some Regions are running Bronze too.

So now that Randy Andy is stepping down from all his patronages and is being dropped left right and centre by organisations, how long before iDea stops using the Duke of York Award branding and/or the RAFAC find an alternative course to use for silver?

1 Like

And does anyone know what’s happening with the bronze courses moving to the new centrally run course?

Maybe try the Cyber FB group.