Shoes

Do you need to have beeswax to get a mirror Finish on your parade shoes?

1 Like

No. Just time and effort. All beeswax does is make the leather smooth to bull on, it doesn’t actually affect the shine.

1 Like

Shine comes from a smooth surface*

A smooth surface comes from thin layers

thin layers comes from time and effort

*consider the reflection differences between a bedroom and bathroom window…

1 Like

Ive used beeswax and think you can get a better finish. However beeswaxing unless you k ow what you are doing can turn into an expensive, painful, messy, shoe destroying experiment

1 Like

What he said ^^ I ruined my last pair of shoes by not doing it right. There’s videos on youtube which will show you how to do it properly.

1 Like

But remember, just polish is generally good enough for a pair of decent shoes. Trying to smooth out a pair of ammo boots is another matter entirely.

2 Likes

Yeah i have ammo boots beeswaxed standard dms shoes will just fall apart if your burn them down hiw you are meant too

1 Like

It’s really up to you. I personally don’t. All I find it takes is the basic polishing equipment, a positive mindset and patience! Hope you get the finish you want! :grinning:

1 Like

It’s all about technique, and not at all about “tricks”.
Beeswaxing as an advanced technique but it’s not necessary for general wear.

One can get a mirror shine over the entire shoe, with out without having beeswaxed first, in under an hour, if one has the right technique.