Shoes acting strange... Very Baffed

So I was sitting and polishing my shoes and all was well, however, about half an hour in my shoe started dulling and the cotton ball would feel more resistance as I polish. I was confused and tried to polish with just water in case I had too much polish which didn’t work. I put my finger over it and it felt like a thick layer of vaseline had been smeared over the shoe or something of a similar consistency. It was repelling water and had that fatty/oily texture to it.

I’ve never been so baffed before when it comes to shoes, all help is appreciated

The polish has warmed up too much. Ive noticed it quite a lot in the past year or two, im assuming the manufacturers have changed the mix at some point.

I have two tins and when one is starting to warm i stick it in the fridge whilst i use the next one. FYI, if you are married or live with someone who isnt in cadets, you may get a few strange questions of why your polish is sitting next to the milk. My wife dispairs sometimes :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much, I’ll try to cool it down and use colder water. Surprised it’s never happened before though, I’ve used a hairdryer when trying to fill in cracks and scuffs etc and never seen anything like this

I find that its normally the worst when you are using the middle of the tin and get past the first cm or so of polish.

Now i just get as much as i can and smear it on the shoe and work at it for a while, seems to do a pretty good job at masking up dents/deep scratches.

1 Like

You’ve managed to answer this perfectly thank you so much! I dropped a couple ice cubes in the water too and it’s worked a charm. Legend :bowdown:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.