Shoe polish problem

Hi,
I recently bought my second pair of parade shoes. I bought my first as a junior cadet and as such made the mistake of buying cadet direct shoes. On my second pair, I was recommended to buy through a website called Ex MOD, which sold used shoes. The pair I bought happened to have one of those instant polish things on which make it almost impossible to bull. As the instant polish layer covers about half the toe cap, I was wondering whether to buy Shape Up etc or to try and remove the layer without damaging the shoe.
Thanks
AMW

Send them back and ask for another pair stating they are not fit for purpose. Just because they are 2nd hand doesn’t mean that sale of goods act does not apply.

Is that applicable though under the sales of goods act as i never said it couldn’t have this on it?

If you received them under 14 days ago you can get a refund no matter what (as you ordered online). However, you would need to pay postage.

If none of that works, I managed to get rid of the residue from instant shine by bulling with shower gel

Aftershave also gets rid of it. You end up smelling like a tarts window-box for a little while but at least it gives you a firm base from which to start polishing.

If you don’t want the aftershave smell, use some other alcohol…
Alcohol wipes, hand gel, meths, isopropyl, I’ve even used rubbing alcohol before.

What on earth have you been cooking?? :joy: