Sharepoint Announcements 12 month probationary period for Sgts

I guess it’s down to your wing. I know it is possible but don’t know of any, and certainly in our wing the idea would be appoint as a CI whilst waiting for all the faffing to be done with SNCO paperwork

1 Like

Have they changed the difference in Officer and NCO probation terms yet?

I remember looking it up and there being a flat 12 months for NCO, but attendance at ATF for Officer…

I believe I said at that time and I say again, why would anyone go into uniform if it’s potentially going to stop them from attending events for 12 months.

Edit: it was this very thread, further up.

Oh well that’ll reduce the numbers applying.

I an organisation desperately short of volunteer staff especially uniformed why on earth would

Failure to attend or pass or satisfactorily complete within the probationary period may result in the termination of the appointment.

ever be a thing they keep in. Better to have it as 'preferred if they do.
I’ve never seen or heard of it happening. I’ve had 2 adult Sgts not go on SSIC within 12 months as they cancelled the ones they were going on twice for one the other was teacher and there were too few in school holidays. They did everything no questions asked.
As CIs doing AVIP etc depends if the Wing runs them frequently enough and then if they do can they go.

Why can’t they go on activities? There is no rationale for this, other than RCs must be needing something to do to justify their salaries.
@1993 I did my AWO in 1990 and OIC a few years later, bigger wastes of time other than OSC iI’ve yet to find. Getting ‘paid’ was about the useful thing from it.

Yup. I’m on a12 month and OIC. Though going to be closer to 20 months by the time I make a course

The question is will they terminate the appointment? If not, no point having it in there.

I had to request an extension, which was granted very easily. But then we’ve also had someone on the unit not done it since commissioning 4 years ago, not signed the VA, and never attends. HQ won’t remove her without a signed letter from her saying she’s resigned…

20 day letter from OC, WSO or WHQ asking individual their intentions, come back or resign, normally does the trick.

A Per Form 1-15 with accompanying evidence of trying to contact them without success should do it. I’ve even done it with screenshots of messenger convos where they’ve promised to complete a 1-09 and failed.

2 Likes

That was rejected. I gave up. Makes no difference to me as we’re not at establishment anyway

By whom? That’s exactly what it exists for!

Someone is either being a jobsworth or doesn’t want CFAV off their stats…

CCF HQ
I think that both descriptions could apply. They are so bad at getting CFAV on the books that they can’t afford to lose any.

1 Like

Not that the whole organisation has anything to get excited about on that front.

1 Like

Well, can you do anything to make it better?

If I could I’d be selling it and making a fortune, selling it to all organisations that rely on volunteers.

I doubt you’d get very far as you’d spend all your time telling them how it’s the managements’ fault.

3 Likes

They’d probably telling me that, as that’s why they’d be asking me.