Service Instructor

Afternoon all,

After two and a half years away from the ATC, I am going to head down to the local Squadron to enquire about becoming a Service Instructor. Could anyone wth recent experience of either becoming one or sorting out the paperwork give me a quick spiel on what’s involved? Is the paperwork process relatively smooth, and what is required from my side?

2 Likes

Yes.

Really pretty simple in my experience, I just asked the boss, asked the OC of the local unit and got the form out of ACP20 and got it signed, etc.

However I still had a valid CRB, so that step will likely take a bit longer for you.

Thanks for that Matt, I think I probably still have a valid Disclosure so that shouldn’t be an issue.

Bear in mind that for the ACO a CRB needs to be in ‘constant use’ to be valid - when I applied there was some confusion as to whether the maximum time away from the Corps was 3 or 6 months before you needed a new CRB (fortunately for me they decided that it was 6 months, which worked out nicely as I’d been away for 4).

I think they have settled on 6 months now, I had an officer go NEP and he needed a new one when he came back for that reason.

1 Like