Service instructor RAFAC TRF

Hello all,

So I’ve heard through the grapevine that the RAFAC are looking to make it compulsory for SI’s to wear their TRF whilst on cadet duties.

Does anyone know if this is actually true and what are your thoughts on this?

Not heard this, an SI should be wearing their uniform as per their dress regs. To have them alter it would be in violation of their unit orders so unlikely to be true.

ACP 1358 says something to the effect that SI’s ‘can’ wear it on the left blanking plate. I do when on RAFAC duties but, technically, GAI 1026 says SI’s wear our own uniform and therefore it would be AP 1358 rather than the ACP that applies.

Yeah this…its optional

1 Like

I’ve been known to wear it when on Station and working parties are combined just give a visual indicator or who I’m working with.

1 Like

I’ve just had a read and it states “ it may also be worn by attached regular and reserve forces” which makes me think more RAF personnel at HQAC, as SI’s aren’t “attached” to RAFAC as such whereas Cranwell staff might be

The key word there is “may” rather than must.

1 Like

Where is this stated, can’t find it in ACP 1358.

Para 441, C. page 152

1 Like

By rights, an SI would be applying AP 1358 (or their own service / corps / regiment’s dress regs) rather than the ACP. However, personally I choose to wear the badge on my left sleeve and the ACP enables (rather then compels) me to do so.

You need to be brave enough to wear it when not on RAFAC duty, though! :rofl:

I noticed that CAC wears the RAF TRF on the correct side, with the RAFAC one on the opposite side.

1 Like

Fairplay to him, he doesnt have too. Theres some types in the RAF that wouldnt

3 Likes

CAC?

Really.

Isnt that the aboalute minimum.he could do for us?

We need a civi CAC with a CFC at 1*.
That way the would better understand the volunteer role and not be always thinking they are better.

How? We only have a single Gp Capt and if it was to stay within MOD construct, it would be a CS, hitting the same hurdles as WExOs/COS. CS trawls are done based on CS competences, so almost certainly get someone we no CF/volunteering background, just someone who tickets the CS competences!

1 Like

Absolutely not! It will just turn into a chumocracy of air cadet friends over the years & keep trying to drag us back to the 80s

I would rather TK gets a double extension considering the volunteer management skills of some our senior volunteers. The exception to this would be if they had done the role of WExO or an RC first.

1 Like

I think people misunderstood.

I meant like a civi-street CEO NOT one of us promoted to 1*

Having an raf 1* in my mind doesnt bring many benefits anymore.

A civi ceo with an honorary cfc at 1* for parades etc. Would i reckon re-energise the org and be better placed to see things diffeenrly.

3 Likes

god i thought you were testing my dutch at the end there

got flashbacks to the beer tent

1 Like

There we go, did a tidy up of me fat thumb typing.

1 Like

The only place you would find a civi-CEO with the appropriate skills and the willingness to work in this omni-shambles would be a sadomasochist club.

4 Likes