SAAI Reading

Evening

I am looking at becoming a SAAI and was wondering what documents I have to be familiar with and any other advice?

Ta

You need to have lots of knowledge of the L98 and the Pamphlet that is used to train on that Rifle, Cadet Training - Skill at Arms.

My advice would be to contact your local SATT who should run a pre-SAAI course and be able to advise you on things to study for.

Your personal weapons handling should be to a very good standard and as per the pamphlet so as you can focus on learning about lesson delivery and not worry about getting the drills wrong when on the course.

Pm me your email dude, I’ll forward you the pam, if your satt is running pre courses then as suggested, get on them, if not, get in touch with ACF units and see if their district is running any. itll save you time later, ensure you know lessons 1-9 as a minimum, rehearse rehearse rehearse, and most of all, rehearse without notes etc, SASC are anal about it, as an SAAI i see both sides of the argument, 1: theres a lpt of safety, shouldnt we be ensuring it’s covered without risk of fault?, 2: (their argument) youre an SAAI, you should know the lesson, you should have rehearsed the lesson, your full undivided attention should be on your students to ensure no safety errors occur

Cadet Training - Skill At Arms

CTT / SAAT produced a Guide for Candidates, however with their disbandment the only copy I can locate on SharePoint refers to Pam 5C however while the paragraph numbers are wrong, you’ll still need those sections.

It’s all about instructor credibility. If you are looking at your notes during the lesson the student won’t believe you are the person that knows everything about the weapon.

1 Like

Lessons without notes, except the stuff in red which I deliver word for word from the PAM every time.

Just dont let sasc see you mate, as i said, theyre insanely anal about it at the moment, i know of at least 1 SAAI theyve removed authority to train from, poor sod has to go back to frimley

1 Like

There is an old saying … what’s in red must be said what’s in bold must be told. Talking as a SAAI the Pam is a guide. The only part that must be verbatim is the WHT at the end.

Most of the red relates to safety and as such must be followed but you don’t need to know the red verbatim. Again what’s in bold is important but you don’t need to know it word for word. Get very knowledgeable in rifle lessons 1 to 9

Remember CNNFARI

Check kit
Number off
Nsps
Formations
Anything other
Revision
Introduction

Then for the intro go through the following

Insentive
Reasons why
Objective

Understand the teaching style EDIP

Explain
Demonstrate
Immitate
Practice

Think safety all the time, remember weapon states.

Nsps including webbing and mags and if using them drill rounds etc.

Read read read the Pam keep reading it and when you think you know it read it some more.