Rules - Suspension. Scenario #2

Follow the link - it gives you an idea, even if you’re not from those parts…

It could be LADO. Thanks all

Someone must know more than your mate is letting on for HQAC to process the suspension of a Cadet. They don’t do it lightly.

He will have an assisting officer of some form, usually the unit commander, he should get in touch with them to ask what’s happening and what the process is.

Presumably the squadron OC and whoever they reported it up to, though there may not be a huge amount of information passed to this organisation, as per the section of PI501 I quoted. If they are suspended because they reported the instance of an external investigation, there should be no ATC involvement other than the precautionary suspension.

Not necessarily, if the Police are investigating something non-Cadet related and become aware that the individual is a Cadet they may well just notify HQAC that X is under a Criminal Investigation and we thought you should know. In which case HQAC would probably suspend until the investigation is complete.

Do Cadets get an assisting officer? I know that Staff do but never had a Cadet Suspended is this way.

I believe so, although the alternative route of enquiry would be via OC to WExO/direct to WExO, with response fed back through the AO as necessary, or simply the WExO would respond direct.

However, I suppose it’s possible that an AO wouldn’t be appointed if the suspension is a result of an external investigation unrelated to the RAFAC, as there would be no internal process underway…

Most of the ones I’ve processed have the details of the WExO for them to contact.

My point is that the person above is saying that the Cadet in question has been suspended and they don’t really know why. Someone in our organisation will be able to clarify exactly why. ie, Police investigation or some other reason. They might not know the ins and outs of the investigation granted.

1 Like