Royal Arms Rank-Badge for WOs: still on for 2020?

Question was asked at the WWO conf.

T&L - Pretty confident they are on track for Oct launch. Still securing a supply cause theres some gash versions of the rank slide out there.

TRF- The plan was all CFAV to go to the RAF one. It’s been signed off to happen I believe but last I heard the RAF were contemplating only using their current one for deployed ops and having a gucci PR friendly one for when at home so there was a hold to see how that plays out…but that was about 12/18 months ago.

MTP rank slides- not a clue what the plan is…I’d raise with relevant WWOs to ask via the chain of command

Aren’t they just using a plain green “RAF” one for certain things these days?

Maybe the same as used during Op Olympic 18

Yeah that’s the Gucci PR friendly one. The plan was for that to be used whilst on station then the blue

1 Like

I don’t know why they bother, the press still referred to them as the Army.

Only officers in the ATC use the RAF TRF. Those in the CCF wear the CCF one.

That’s quite recent though isn’t it?

Which really helps with One Team, One Goal - NOT

1 Like

Like the ATC having different TRFs for officers, SNCO/WO and cadets until the CFC (and budgets) messed things around and removed all clarity in that respect. Hardly something we can point a finger at the CCF about.

I hear what you are saying, but the CCF badge is a new requirement to wear, I can’t see why there was a sudden need to separate CCF Officers and ATC Officers…

To be fair I think it was more a question of uniting all CCF CFAVs across the services

I believe it was CCF looking for CCF identity across all of their elements, and the schism between air cadet officers of various flavours was merely collateral damage.

I understand that CCF(RAF) officers on mixed, purely RAFAC business could wear the same TRFs as ATC officers, whatever that might end up being determined to be. tmmorris is maybe best to advise on that.

Still regularly see CCF (Army) wearing their Regimental TRF :roll_eyes:

*are supposed to

1 Like

Some of us might potentially keep the ‘spare’ one in the FFD pocket for quick changes - I couldn’t possibly comment…

1 Like

and in the RAFAC rebranding exercise I did vote for us to wear ‘CCF’ on rank badges too.

1 Like

Indeed. I find we quite often seperate ourselves naturally without the need for a badge. Normally the long hair and Etonian accents are enough of a give away :wink:

3 Likes

Indeed some out there wear that anyway

…& spelling misteaks! :wink:

That’s gopping