Rob Bruce, aka. Incubus

Sad news :slightly_frowning_face: Baldrick pinged me earlier and then saw it on Facebook.

I knew a lot of people, particularly from ANES / NESW but really Corps wide who knew him or had come across him. I only really knew him from ACC - He was one of the ACC old timers (I suspect Rob was around from near the start) and we had similar areas of interest, particularly the beginnings of First Aid in the Corps and also photography. He was a regular in the old weekly ACC photography comp. He definitely had a Warrant Officers perspective on everything but also maybe a slightly different, but definite opinion on the uniformed staff place in the world of the cadet forces and wasn’t afraid to share it! :smiley: But he definitely knew his stuff, and his views and opinions were well respected. I get the impression he lived the Corps life, and he’ll definitely be sorely missed.

6 Likes

Such saddening news - it would appear I agreed with him plenty, 50 “likes” of his posts (third on my list) which must stand for something.
I never knew him as “Rob”, only an online avatar but had a voice of authority, experience and wisdom.

RIP

2 Likes
9 Likes

I met Rob at one of the ACC ‘Fests’ held in Peterborough in 2007 and was impressed by his dry sense of humour and commitment to the Corps. We never always saw eye to eye on a lot of points but I’m saddened to hear this news.

ACC and the ATC will be lesser place without him.

8 Likes

Grim news.

Condolences to his friends and family - and to the ACO, which is poorer for his loss.

5 Likes