Road marching DZ badge

Just seen a post on Facebook by the corps road marching officer saying watch this space for a RAFAC road marching DZ badge.
Not heard somthing so lame in all my days. Why do we need a corps road marching badge?

1 Like

That is, it must be said, quite an impressive piece of sadness…

Perhaps said Officer should instead marshall his efforts towards designing, and forcing through, a new DZ badge/TRF/Formation Identifier for all ACO cadets to wear - one that, you know, isn’t A) utterly lame, and B) invisible at more than two feet.

2 Likes

Whats the Corps’ Road Marching Officer’s facebook page called? Couldn’t find it.

how can they find time to design, produce, and roll out a new DZ when they cant even expand the contact to roll out the RAF TRF to the SNCO Cadre…which has already been signed off as happening but ensuring theres enough badges to be issued

I did wonder where the funds are ciming from. HQAC can’t even fund existing badges. I would rathef properly funding existing badges that another vanity project rhat isn’t needed or wanted.

4 Likes

i can see the no3 dress becoming scout like also. i wonder what the dz badge will be for successfully being able to blow your nose in the field whilst remaining undetected from the “enemy”

I look forward to the Sunshine Bus TRF being worn by the Senior Management Team…

2 Likes

Will it be the Dial a Ride logo?

1 Like

My wing’s team wears a badge already. I can’t remember if it’s just the wing’s or their own bespoke design. It was always on a brassards before (they all sewed buttons onto their PCS shirts) but this year there were talks of sewing it onto the blanking plate. I quit before I could see if that happened.

i believe thats acceptable for the march itself but musy be removed once the event has finished…sounds like a permanent one is in creation.

What a load of tosh.
Another badge means another brassard layout which no one will really understand.
Not to mention the as said the cost of a badge which will be limited to a few.
If they want a road marching badge issue a Wing/Region/Corps blue and add a ‘road marching tab badge’ and year tab as are already seen on t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts etc all over the ATC.

There already is a road marching brassard badge…

They’re talking about a separate DZ flash to be worn in No. 3 like the JL flash or the RAF ones.

Or are they talking about a RAFAC Road Marching DZ badge to wear on Marches, so instead of 33 different badges at Nijmegen we will have the whole RAFAC with one? (Almost like the RAF alternative PR blanking plates)

1 Like

One wonders why we should need two? surely the prime requirement of the ACO general TRF is to be fairly recognisable as being of the ACO - so what would the specific road marching TRF being to the party that the standard TRF wouldn’t?

It might be actually available?

I assume it would come out of a different budget as a marketing tool rather than a uniform budget. I know that HQAC have a stock of things like RAFAC flags that are now issued to teams for Road Marching so I’m assuming it would be like that.

1 Like

@mrar OK I did clock them and wondered why. Road marching is probably more akin to a sport and in that way something cadets do if they are interested or have a flair for, so should have been the ‘Blue’ and then tab badges indicating activity and year.
I’ve had and got cadets who have represented in sport to all levels and festooned sweatshirts with these, which are a talking point, more than brassard badges. Which I think is good as you can imagine these ending up in the don’t throw away “box”.

It is clear that these things need someone to design them (a cost) and money to produce them and for such a niche activity an additional badge will only serve to swell the profits of Cadet Rip Off as people clamour for them, as HQAC’s supply system would in all likelihood fail.

To paraphrase Lard (aka Marc Riley) “No need”.

I’ve just seen the actual post (it’s on his personal Facebook) it appears to be a tongue in cheek banter with a member of a SATT not in anyway an actual suggestion.

3 Likes

I’ve just read that thread as well. And what it tells me is that @Mr_OZ shouldn’t be allowed to start rumour threads!

2 Likes

Grade A pot stirring spoon for sale:

3 Likes

Really dumb question.
What does DZ stand for?