Risk Assessment 5010c generic ones

I know this has been raised before, but was just wondering if there has been any update to above. I have to take 10 cadets to gliding (at long last) but I don’t seem to find a RA so I can attach to SMS or does the gliding school have one to cover this. Any help appreciated.

The only RA you need for gliding is the travel element, which doesn’t need to be attached to SMS.

Your not suitably qualified/experienced to do the RA for the gliding activity and in this sense 2FTS/VGS are an external provider to the sqn.

1 Like

Thnks for that. I have attached RA for driving as I will be transporting the cadets in hire vehicle. I had a good idea that VGS had the risk assessment the same as when I took cadets to AEF a few years back.

strictly speaking though, external providers need to share their RA and DBS for their instructors to get events approved on SMS…right?

Except this is covered in ACTO 10 isn’t it?

yes it is…

The risk associated with flying cadets at a VGS sits with 2FTS. Transport to/from the VGS must be recorded on SMS and authorised by the unit commander if event authorise permissions are in place. Covered in ACP 300 as Gliding Training. Responsibility and accountability for the transport of cadets sits with the unit commander and the driver.The risk associated with flying cadets at a VGS sits with 2FTS. Transport to/from the VGS must be recorded on SMS and authorised by the unit commander if event authorise permissions are in place. Covered in ACP 300 as Gliding Training. Responsibility and accountability for the transport of cadets sits with the unit commander and the driver.

i was purposely being flippant as “external provider” was mentioned