RIP - Flt Lt Dave Gamlin

Flight Lieutenant Dave Gamlin, 67, had led 1801 (Alnwick) Squadron Air Cadets since 1993.

6 Likes

Cracking guy met him a few times at Boulmer when doing the night ex with his sqn whilst on camp and share a drink or 2 in the mess as well.

1 Like

I met Dave whilst on camp at Boulmer the year before last. Fantastic bloke.
Helped out a lot with shooting and got his sqn down to run the night ex too.
He was just one of those guys for whom nothing was too much bother.

1 Like

There have been a couple of very tragic and sad deaths within the Corps in the last couple of week. The OC of Merthyr Tydfil also sadly passed away, and the SWO of Middlesbrough squadron also. Very sad, RIP sirs, fly high.

Seen this all over social media. Didnt know him personally but have seen he had a wide network of friends and colleagues.

On a side note Saturday marks 4 years since Gaz Tonks was laid to rest…where does the time go

Any of these mentioned in the Commandant’s weekly posts/blogs

Not sure. Will have a look when she posts the latest one. Let’s hope she does.

Dave was a fantastic bloke and I was at the funeral today in Alnwick.

The church was absolutely rammed with ATC, serving RAF, family and friends. His brother let us know that his final act was to donate his organs so others may live which is absolutely indicative of what a fantastic, caring and wonderful man he was.

RAF Boulmer lowered the ensign for the duration of the funeral service which was a lovely gesture.

He will be sorely missed.

4 Likes

I have to concur with James.I too was at the funeral this afternoon.It was a very moving occasion for someone who was of the old school.A true gent and an irreplaceable member of the ATC. RIP my old friend you will be sorely missed.

1 Like

I met Dave a few times at Boulmer, and he was such an inspiring & helpful gentlemen.

What a shame regarding his loss.

Best regards to his family, squadron and Wg/Region

1 Like