Reservists - one year Brexit call-up?

What’s new there?

Plus ca change

So that banjaxes just about everything, as if the reserves are doing something it will mean the regulars will be doing something else.

Why not stand the Air Cadets down for a year and save us all the bother. :rolleyes:

I suspect that in this case Teflon was probably referring not to the actual millenium bug issue but to the hysteria surrounding it.
I recall well the concerns that some people had (and moreover the - what would now be called - “fake news”) about Airliners instantly falling out of the sky, and microwave ovens exploding at home killing everyone in the house.

In that case, I agree. There does seem to be a pocket of paranoia surrounding Brexit.
I saw a video the other day of someone selling what can only be described as ‘Brexit disaster relief’ packages containing boil in the bag food, water, toilet paper etc - all sold for the bargain cost of about £150 or something like that.

1 Like

That’s some initiative. I wish I’d thought of that.

Me too… There’s always a market for unnecessary rubbish.

2 Likes

Should have just turned them off then on again.

2 Likes

If only it was that easy - gliding an airliner when CTRL+ALT+DELETE doesn’t cure the problem, is not the same as having your PC freeze on your desk, got get a coffee! We sometimes play the “Sully” arrival in the simulator, gets the pulse going.

One example of an airliner gliding (albeit it was a fuel issue not a computer / software issue that was the cause).

Works for quite a few technical issues we have on components.

Yep, but at 40,000 ft, if my “re-set” doesn’t work, I’ve got about 100 nm as a glider to drink my coffee… You can re-set your components & come back the next day! :wink:

100nm… Plenty of time.