Remembrance Service

The CCF should fit in the order as determined by their role (ie. CCF Army, alongside the ACF. If mixed, alongside their seniorest role). Although one train of thought is to finish with the best. That way the crowd going home remembers the last one, which should be good and not the naff lot training and bimbling along :whistle:

So finishing with nearly 100 ATC cadets from two squadrons is a good way to end the parade

[quote=“397k” post=13132]A different topic but still on a Remembrance Sunday theme.
What is the actual order of precedence for cadets on a parade.[/quote]

It is SCC, CCF, ACF, ATC
(QR. J175(7))

[quote=“incubus” post=13135][quote=“397k” post=13132]A different topic but still on a Remembrance Sunday theme.
What is the actual order of precedence for cadets on a parade.[/quote]

It is SCC, CCF, ACF, ATC
(QR. J175(7))[/quote]

Thank you, that’s what I thought it was

[quote=“397k” post=13132]
I only ask as there is always a big debate every year on our parade as the local council who organise the Parade and order of service/march past put the CCF behind the other three cadet forces.
Personally I prefer them at the back and no disrespect intended to any of our CCF brethren on here but the drill and standard of dress is very poor[/quote]

Well you’ve now got a year before the next remembrance parade - why not offer to lend a hand and get them up to scratch? A unit can try a much as it like to improve but if it hasn’t got the intrinsic instructor skills there then they aren’t going to improve without a bit of external help. Go in with an open mind with the aim of improving and, if given the opportunity, you’ll be able to make a massive difference.

Hear, hear. Most of us are desperate for help with drill - remember that we have no adult SNCOs, apart from the SSI who is almost certainly Army - and no access to ATF DI courses. The only DIs we have are the CCF TEST Sgts and most of them were reluctant students on the DI course, and visit one parade in 3.

That’s what we did in Peterborough, in fact it was over 100 ATC cadets showing the rest how to do things. CCF were themselves as usual :wink:

Given the simple drill required for a Remembrance parade I wouldn’t have thought that a drill instructor doing Army drill would be a big problem.

No, and that’s what normally happens. It’s just that most SSIs are spread pretty thin (and some are anti-RN and RAF as well: though personally I wouldn’t employ one with that attitude, we did have one when I first joined CCF. Luckily I interviewed my current one myself!)

That’s what we did in Peterborough, in fact it was over 100 ATC cadets showing the rest how to do things. CCF were themselves as usual ;)[/quote]

I take it you too are volunteering to help the CCF and showing them “how to do things” :slight_smile: - good on you!

It’s one thing to critise from a distance, quiet another to get stuck and do something about about a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve worked with a couple of CCF units.
True that the majority of those cadets were sub standard in both turn out drill.
Simple reason for it. They weren’t being trained properly.
Staff were happy to overlook shoddy dress and the one SSI that I met had a very bizarre idea about how to control the three sections. I was surpised to find an ex-regular WO encourage the entire contingent to refer to him by his first name.

If there’s no discipline being trained into them, no wonder they look like the poor cousin.

Some CCF attendance is mandatory and so there are many cadets who couldn’t give a toss.
However, show a cadet how they should be dressed and teach them drill properly to build their confidence, and most will want to improve.
I’m sure they don’t enjoy being shown up.

[quote=“Chief Tech” post=13254]

It’s one thing to critise from a distance, quiet another to get stuck and do something about about a problem :P[/quote]

Have offered on many occasions over the years, never taken up on the offer, have offered again this year following our Remembrance Parade. Still awaiting a response.