Relationship boundaries

The stores officer has a supply of rulers to estimate the six inches, other measuring implements are forbidden.

1 Like

Second what Cadet04 has put really.

Consider the Staff - whether there is a relationship in the Staff team or not, how often, and how obvious would they make it they are in a relationship?
and how obvious would you expect them to make it to the Cadets?

apply the same approach as a Cadet.
Do I need to know Cpl Jones and Cdt Evans are an item? no.
am I surprised that I have only found out after 4 months? yes and pleased that they haven’t made it obvious enough for me to notice.

2 Likes

I’m a corporal and I’m in a relationship with a cadet on my squadron. I always tell him no hugs while at a cadet event, on a parade night, or when I’m in full uniform. If he wants a hug I wait until we are outside of those gates and I have a civvie jacket on. Never heard of the 6 inch rule at my squadron. Only “no touchy touchy” by another corporal when I was a cadet. When it comes to fairness, I have high standards of my partner (he hates it but I don’t want to treat him any better than any other cadet when on duty especially as a corporal).

1 Like

That’s because it doesn’t really exist. It’s more of a guideline to stick by to avoid inappropriate activities like, hugging and kissing.

6 inch rule…?

So thats what those pace sticks are being carried around for…

3 Likes

Yes!!

Good drills, sign of a good leader!

4 Likes