Regional Organisation

A quick question, are the Region HQs ATC or RAFAC?
I have seen some Regional Commandants visit CCF events and it has got me thinking where they sit in the Org chart.

They are firmly ATC the CCF doesn’t have any Grouo Captains the Senior for them is a Wing Commander and he sits at HQAC hence why they may be invited to add a bit of seniority. (Whether Wing Commander CCF is too Junior is a separate conversation).

3 Likes

I was told one of the problems we had when the Army took over shooting was only having a Sqn Ldr at the table with all the others being of higher rank. Hence we ended up with a shooting regime that is wholly inappropriate for a cadet organisation.
So the CCF having a Wg Cdr at the same table as Gp Capt and higher, can’t be good for the CCF.

1 Like

Now that I’m working on both ATC and CCF I’m grateful for the mediocre resources the ATC has for staff. CCF seems to be the illegitimate love child that HQAC wants to ignore as much as possible.

2 Likes

But it seems to the model that parliamentarians love.
It does surprise me that the CCF isn’t managed centrally as a stand alone ‘purple’ organisation.

Mind you I think that should be the management model for the ATC and do away with the HQAC and Regional set up as it currently is.