Ration packs ordering

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me how i go about ordering ration packs from stores?

What is the NSN number

Cheers

We just email the catering clerk at our parent station - no need for a NSN

They normally need an admin order for the exercise and a cheque on pickup.

They do a real variety these days for all needs. Might even say better than bacon roll and baby’s heads from a tin :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Mostly in the past:

Email/fax catering flight with admin order and nominal roll.
Confirm they receive it and arrange pick up date
Take blank cheque.
Arrive at station, go to catering flight, get a chit proving you need them from them.
Take chit to accounts flt. Find out who they want you to pay. Make cheque out to them. They stamp chit.
Take chit back to catering.
Arrange to wander around station until you find where they store them. Get packs.
Realise you need burners. They’ll be within their POL store. Fight to get them.

7 Likes

Are ration packs accessible again for cadets.
My last convo with parent station was that there was such a shortage, cadet forces cant get them at present.

Anyone heard differently.
Ta

1 Like

Definately available now. Seen loads being used in the field with cadets recently on SM.

Yeah, they are back and the new bagged 24 hour type so lots less rubbish. Had 150 over Easter for an exercise.

Interesting it’s that easy for you. CCF RAF cadets get 2 per year via the Army and more are simply not available at all.

Surely you could just follow the same process? Pretty sure the RAF wouldn’t care whether CCF or ATC…?

1 Like

I think we’d get pushback as ‘we don’t parent the CCF for rations’ - same applies to weapons and ammo (mostly the latter in our favour, of course!)

I did have a row over ranges once as the SNCO i/c Arm Eng thought the same applied to ranges (it doesn’t, we can use RAF ranges).

That must be painful!

1 Like

Parented by Odiham.

They have had supply issues, but try to help where possible.

If you put in a request for 200, with a 2 week requirement…forget it.

But, get it in advanced, and they will try.

Halal have been an issue lately for supply.

Recently. Got 170 packs from them.

How much do they charge per pack, is it the same amount as cadet daily rate for meals?

Yes.

Can’t remember the figure, as not near my computer to check.

This?

So the price is £2.24 per 24 hour ration pack if ordered through parent station?

Yes it is

Should be no charge if cadet is exempt but not sure how that is managed in practice. (Charge should only be for CCR.)