Rank slides on eBay

I found some MRAF rank slides on ebay is there no rule against these being sold?

1 Like

Nope.

Surely it’s disrespectful to the effort that it takes to reach these ranks.

Well companies create these things to make profit…such as cadet direct

Theres nothing we can do apart from not buy from them

This is a military tailor selling military rank slides.
I’d say that it’s not disrespectful in any way.

1 Like

It’s the only way your going to get them rather than through supply!

3 Likes

Disrespectful is wearing them.

Anybody can buy them.

I’m considering buying a set to keep as part of our first class trainign resources.

4 Likes

Clearly the penalty imposed by a court would be much-more severe if the unauthorised wearer was deliberately-committing an act of dishonesty (eg to falsely-gain privilege or access), or, directly-masquerading in a style and title they were not entitled to possess, with intent to deceive.

Also: although a month in jail might not seem to be much of a deterrent, the addition of a criminal record to anyone’s CV would >never< be a good thing.

While the above might be interesting, the vast number of civpop who wear bits of DPM/MTP, service greatcoats, the minging ginger bloke off time team who wears a green wooly-pully, and all the rest, compared to the number of prosecutions for said offences, means that it’s not actually an offence.

If you’re not going to get reported for it, and not going to get prosecuted for it, then it’s not against the law - and therefore no more of anyone’s business than what colour pants you choose to put on in the morning…

I would say that the wording is such that the wearing of uniform is unlawful not items of uniform a very important distinction.

4 Likes

Precisely - because nobody thinks that the crusty fella with the smelly beard walking through town in his DPMs is a soldier… hopefully.

2 Likes

Depends on your line of work. Some see a criminal record as a badge of honour! And a custodial sentence brings about a far more effective learning environment than any college or formal education! :wink:

But to be put away for wearing a crusty set of Battle Dress? That’s not one you’d probably want to shout about in the canteen. Hardly crime of the Century.

And if that’s all CPS have against you, they would really be clutching at straws for it to be in the public interest!!!

1 Like