Ramstein AB Camp

Got the calling order for the camp today, got a few cadets interested and they’re asking for details about activities.

What’s the usual agenda for the camp? I haven’t known of anyone who’s been there for at least 6 years or so - so things are bound to have changed.

Are there section visits like there are here at the RAF bases?

Shooting? AT? Social? Cultural Visits?

Any info appreciated!

Was the last camp I did as a cadet and it was absolutely fantastic!

Here’s something I wrote earlier…

Hope it helps! :slight_smile:

It’s a relaxed camp, lots of activities depending on what units are in the area at the time.

Monies: Euros/Dollars < You need both.

Cameras - yes. There may be some exceptions.

American/AFFES BX PXShops - Yes but you may only get 1 or 2 chances. “10 dollar give you everything you wannnnt” - legit

Trading with USAF personnel - generally alright. But it has to be a cool trade.

Vehicles - well in 2009 I drove a Humvee and Catapillar bulldozer and I remember some blue truck.

Aircraft - Transport / Fighter / Attack ( :worthy: A-10 OOORAH) or in some cases something special one off.

Flying… none. Unless you are lucky.

Weapons and Shooting - DSST Range also an Archery Lesson. Plus a lot of holding weapons.

Expect to visit numerous other UASF bases.

Regarding cultural visits - I only remember two.

High Ropes - Awesome, expect to spend a whole day here. Food/Drink available there. 3 tree levels, basic, intermediate and big cojones.

Stuff you should bring: Trading Gear for USAF personnel/Mp3 for the long coach trips/polish/sunglasses/spare everything/ Dollars and Coinage for drinks machines.

Awesome camp, enjoyed every second of it. It had mostly people from my wing and a few CCF.