RAFAC Yammer

Just noticed there is a RAFAC Yammer page now that they are looking to migrate to O365…

Join up and claim your real estate space for units etc here:

https://www.yammer.com/rafac.onmicrosoft.com

Where did you find the link for this?

What is it?

Microsoft Social Network… it never got used anywhere i’ve been - could work well for us as a national org… with almost 1000 ‘offices’

Yammer made its debut appearance in 2008. Developed by a former PayPal executive, Yammer is a social networking solution for the workplace. Seeing the potential, Microsoft purchased Yammer in 2012 for a whopping $1.2 billion. Now the site boasts a clientele of more than 85 percent of Fortune 500 Companies.

Does anyone use this at work and able to explain a little more?

i have it available in work but i log in with my RBL credentials more often.

Work use it as a notice board of "news"
Well done to X department for achieving A number of Sales/Safety record/production/winning an award at B
Best wishes to retiring team member Y, and congratulations on the appointment of Z who takes over and Section Head of B
there are also marketing style posts - take a look at this which has been achieved in the industry be it a competitors news, industry wide policy changes etc

it was branded as bringing the international company closer together but it really doesn’t! (it is far easier, simpler and more professional to email who I want!)

The RBL use it more as a Social Media platform - easily described as “Facebook for work”

It comes without the FB gimmicks, and is a much harsher format (like a Beta version without the soft edges and pretty graphics) but it does come without adverts.

Members can post on the “general wall” questions, articles, advertise their Branch events, uploading photos and files.
Posts can be commented on by other members and/or liked, while persons can be “tagged”

There are also several groups, typically by topic or region “South Wales Branches”, “Welfare in the North East” and “Poppy Appeal Organisers” where posts are seen by the group members which comes with a reduced but more targeted audience.

There are “notifications” for posts made to your groups, and to comments made on your posts/after your comments.

Unlike FB there isnt a “personal profile” where photos can be uploaded of what you are up to, or a “friends list” so you can connect with chosen colleagues. You can choose to “follow” members which ensures their posts become more visable but otherwise it is a single “news feed” to which all posts are placed on to for everyone to see and reply to (unless posted in specific groups)

it will be interesting to see how the RAFAC plan to use it. I can see it would work well in the RBL format to ask questions

where do i find X on SharePoint?
what can I expect on annual camp location Y?
has anyone used the L144A1 yet?

much as we see on these boards - how it would cope with large discussions such as the No8 Safety case thread, Gliding pause or Commission changes threads i’m not so sure…everyone would be filled with mass notifications and being a national post it could well pick up a wider audience than the several dozen who regularly frequent these boards…

although i do fear is another platform where information could be released prior to the CoC be that via SharePoint and/or email.
being a “controlled site” they may see this as a “official” means of communication but makes for another platform for a CFAV to check.

1 Like

Here is a screenshot from my RBL Yammer…
some comments in red text describing each section

Exactly my fear too!!!

It seems they’ve noticed their error and shut off access for now.

(I do wish they’d reduce the font size in their announcement emails!")

1 Like

I now see an “all point” emails has gone out re Yammer.

(perhaps it is intended for HQRAFAC use (which would make sense) and SharePoint link offered on there as it would make sense but forgetting/not realising/mixing up permissions on who could see it?)