RAFAC Medical exclusions for cfavs

I have always found those at ATF /.command school / CIC / whatevwe the hell we call it today…
To be very understanding and accomodating.

I dont want to judge, as i wasnt there. But this doesnt match the experience i had or saw for others.

Who would I contact to organise reasonable adjustments prior to my CIC course? Is there a disability & inclusion officer that deals with this issue?

I would contact RAFAC TA directly, either OC or Lisa. I would very much hope they’d be understanding - there were people on my SSIC who had agreed reasonable adjustments for physical impairments.

I don’t believe there’s a specific diversity and inclusion officer at any level, although locally it’s our Wing Aspire rep who leads.
Your Wing training officer may also be a good contact if you wanted to discuss locally first?

For drill.
Your Wwo can make reccomendations via the wg cdr on your cic pre attendance form.

Thats a starting point. That form.

1 Like

I’ll add that they may want to impose some limitations on your activity based on your situation.

To use the same example, the individual on my course was told they shouldn’t take part in public parades because they weren’t able to meet the drill standard. No one was particularly upset by this.

A member of my OIC wasn’t able to take part in the hangar exercises due to medical conditions. They observed and chipped in, but didn’t join us in clambering over random obstacles and shark infested custard.

1 Like

On my OIC we did low ropes, but some didn’t actually do the clambering around and the RAFAC TA staff found other stuff for them to do so they’re definitely open to it.

1 Like

Thank you