Do we as CFAVs have access to a rafac legal advisor for certain things? If so how do we contact them?
Not that I’m aware of.
why would you need one is the immediate question to hand?
The RAFAC has a legal advisor who advises on policy so if you are following policy and being sensible with decision making around risk then there shouldn’t be much to worry about.
I can’t say on here exactly what it is regarding but it is about rafac policies and whether it breaches policy or has nothing to do with rafac policy.
As in you’re wondering if a policy breaches law or if an incident that occurred breached law/policy?
Probably best just escalate through the CoC as normal, or reach out to whoever owns the policy directly to get clarification?
going via chain of command wouldnt be possible for me given who is involved.
There’s always the public complaints as a starting point. Might need to make it clear that CoC can’t be followed for ABC. They then triage and filter
From the website-
Making a Complaint
Any non-Safeguarding complaints can be emailed to RAFAC-HQ-Complaints@mod.gov.uk
That is what i was thinking it would probably have to go down initially as the complaint email address.
thanks for your help and congrats again on your new promotion and look forward to seeing the changes you make.
Yep, go visit the complaints email and say you need a bit of help. They’ll sort you out.
No need to worry about getting it wrong and being told off as you’re trying to get advice.
Well, if the recent hearing aid and shooting debacle is anything to go by, they don’t care!
I was concerned over a matter needing legal advise (not relating to individuals per se) my first point of call would be WExOs / region Chief of staff.
legal advise is a paid staff matter so would go up that chain. It depends on the nature particularly if you think a volunteer is making a genuine well meaning mistake.
Do you guys have an equivalent of the CCF Association?
That’s where I’d go if I wanted independent advice. (Not all CCFs are members but the vast majority are.)
(Full disclosure: I used to be on the CCFA ExCo)
To my knowledge, no.