RAFAC fleeces/jackets

RAFAC replaced the ACO as the catch all term for ATC and CCF(RAF)

RAFAC is merely a public branding change.
All Squadrons and our personnel are members of the ATC.

In the exact same way that the RAF now brands “RAF Reserves” whilst the Squadrons and their personnel are still members of the RAuxAF.

1 Like

Not all personnel

All the good ones :wink:

Okay… When I say “ours”, being a member of the ATC myself and addressing a fellow member of the ATC, I meant those of us who are part of the ATC. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No comment

Fair enough, but as we were discussing the RAFAC I read it the wrong way. But that’s why I think there is a place for using RAFAC, when dealing with both branches on joint activities.

Do you wear the CCF purple TRF, or the RAF one?

(I use the little pocket underneath to store the RAF one in case I am on joint activities :slight_smile: )

I would argue that my rank slides say Royal Air Force Air Cadets and that is why I sign my name that way…only for cadet business of course.:joy:

I think you should extend it into everyday business …

I have the CCF TRF. Our CTT would not have it any other way.

What’s it got to do with them?

Our CTT told me the same, a few years back; as did our TEST SNCO. But I said I was waiting for a change to AP1358C which took something like 2 years to arrive. Now, I wear the purple one, because it’s in the regs…

They nagged and nagged us. I waited till the change in regs though. They eventually persuaded our Contingent Commander to change his, even though no-one has yet managed to get him to wear RAFAC or VRT pins on his No1s.

And at Cranwell.

Throbber

5 Likes

Indeed

1 Like