RAFAC Communications - An improvement? 🤞

So another week has come around which means the second edition of the RAFAC Weekly Brief has been published.

I have to say, this is something very simple but I can see being very good. Should hopefully help when trickle down comms are taking more than a week to get to every corner of the organisation.

We now appear to have a team of 5 people who’s focus is on communication. 3 perms and 2 CFAV. Again, I think this is good. If we can get communication to work better, then a lot of other things might start working a bit better too!

6 Likes

This is sooooo good

1 Like

It has potential, and is a step in the right direction. There are a few things I think need to be considered:

1. Where is this released? If it’s akin to the IBNs and is only released passively via SharePoint then the numbers of readers is likely to be low. ACC is where I normally end up finding out about new IBNs.

2. Key points at the top. Some of us can be quite time-poor. Pop a few bullet points at the top so we can skim the big updates then examine in more detail (with images) below if needed.

3. Currently this only seems to include the positive. Including the negative would at least give RAFAC to control the narrative on those negative issues and help control the flow through the rumour mill.

Otherwise it’s good to see this sort of thing come out and I hope they make a success of it.

2 Likes

Feed it back directly to the team. They’ve already made a few changes based on feed back from the first one.

I agree on two of your points. No reason why it can’t be emailed out each week, and yes, near-miss reporting or similar could be worked into this too.

As for your point 2 though, I think you can only condense these things so much. I read the whole of that post in probably about 90 seconds… You can skim just the bold bullet points in about 10 seconds. I really don’t think there’s a risk of key points getting missed because they’re not at the top. Arguably, for something like this to work effectively, every point needs to be a key point.

4 Likes

This is the perfect platform to share near misses/lessons learned reports/total safety for everyone to learn from

4 Likes

Dream on, sadly, it seems to be very rare that such examples are shared. The RIAT heat FoI shouldn’t have been needed - it would have been a perfect example of showcasing a serious report & outlining what went wrong / what needs to be done.

Is it not just a return of the #RAFACWeekinReview in an internal form?
We never got an answer why the public version died almost exactly a year ago

And information such as here, shouldn’t need FoI - should be open source / publication.

2 Likes

I had this weeks emailed to my adj account, which I found handy because I often forget to check for things.

1 Like

Needs to go to all personal accounts really…

3 Likes

100% agreed.

I’m also having issues with my adj account on desktop, so I’m forwarding all to my personal.

1 Like

We’re here listening, and it’s iterative so we’ll keep improving based on feedback, and as the two CFAV support the permanent staff to develop the channels (from our day jobs).

It’s not. It’s the first step to developing internal comms (it’s along journey from nothing), balancing the stories we share internally, but also operational updates.

Week in review died off due to resource as it was on CFAVs and when we had no perm staff. I didn’t realise there was a thread but we can certainly restart this if people liked it.

5 Likes

There’s no personal account mailing lists.

Well, to put it bluntly, that’s something that needs to be fixed.

If RSOs in LaSER can email all personal accounts in the region, then emailing all accounts organisation wide should be easy!

Also, it can be done. The Bader Team can send announcements to everyone, it’s happened before!

1 Like

The all-RAFAC mailing address was not working for us today (if I’m incorrect and that does include pers.)

That’s something to work on for next week though.

1 Like

I didn’t realise it was the 2nd one as this week is the first time I’ve seen it!

Mailing lists are very 1990s. It should have a dedicated Teams channel that we can all subscribe to.

Nothing wrong with a good mailing list.
Particularly when it’s a mailing list that automatically has everyone on it.

But if I catch anyone top-posting, I’ll be sending a very strongly worded reply. (Now That’s 1990s :laughing: ).

2 Likes

God no. Not another thing to log into and check

2 Likes

If you don’t have to log into Outlook, why would you have to log into Teams?