RAFAC Command and Leadership School

Anyone know the difference between the RAFAC Training Academy and the RADAC Command and Leadership School?

Been seeing people posting on twitter about attending the RAFAC Command and Leadership School.

The sign?

3 Likes

A couple of grand spaffed against a wall to pay for the signs and the manhours in updating policy documents and the letter templates.

6 Likes

so they are one and the same thing then? :rofl:

Well IBN 011-2021 still seems to be active. And that says Training Academy. There’s also IBN 018-2021 that talks about RAFACTA.

If you go to Sharepoint->Staff Training then the link in the drop down is called “RAFAC Training Academy”. If you click that then it says RAFAC Training Academy at the top, but also says “Welcome to the RAFAC Command & Leadership School Portal” underneath.

So who the hell knows?

Oh wait, I found the announcement. On the RAFAC TA SharePoint page there is this announcement which has only been viewed by 50 people.

I think maybe that should be an IBN or a proper announcement… Rather than a post on a SharePoint page that nobody really looks at…

You’re telling me SharePoint announcements you need to go looking for are ineffective communication?

6 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

Yep. They’ve gone from

Royal Air Force Air Cadets Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

To

Royal Air Force Air Cadets Territorial Army

To

Royal Air Force Air Cadets CandLeS

5 Likes

Basically, when some spare cash was found… they thought this was the best way to spend it.

Just Hosed the money against the wall.

Question is… will this rebranding improve the effectiveness of the training provided?
:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Hint… no…
As still most courses are remote, so wont even see the sign!
:rofl::+1::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

It’s probably some loose reference to The Tedder Academy

1 Like

It took me long enough to stop saying ATF!

I still call it ACTC :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Can we start a rumour that there is going to be a school for each of the constituent countries of the uk to reduce travel & overheads.

This will mean that RAFAC will then have four CandLeS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

10 Likes

If you look closely at the authors title, somebody out there still is calling it ATF!

Command & Leadership School will be one of supposedly a future ‘number’ of training outputs under the umbrella of RAFAC Training Academy.

1 Like

That was my understanding and will include AT centres etc

I knew there was a second layer down that route somewhere, but I couldn’t find it!

1 Like

Isn’t ‘Command’ having the legal authority to order people? Clearly relevant to the regulars but almost completely irrelevant in the RAFAC.

There’s some irony that no-one ‘commands’ anyone below RHQ and the assumption by HQAC that they can ‘order’ volunteers rather than leading them is one of the big issues for the organisation.

It should just be the Leadership School. One of their highest priority courses should be ‘how to lead volunteers’ with the target audience Sqn Ldrs to Cmdt.

6 Likes