RAF X-mas fun

Hello everybody!

At my CCF we are having an X-mas fun day, and I have been tasked to come up with one of the activities. Sadly I’m not that creative so I’ve come here.
Please, help me come up with an activity that is Christmas themed and 10 mins long.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!!

Quiz.

Yonks ago we had a Christmas fun shoot. We tried to bullseye polos without breaking them, shooting out candle wicks, you know, stuff you can’t do anymore. (and probably shouldn’t have even then tbh)

2 Likes

Can you still get the Escape from Colditz board game?

I thought for a moment that you wrote ‘Escape from Cranditz’?

1 Like

That would be an option too

Bit last minute but at ours our NCOs put on a panto-esque show where they pretend to be the squdron staff (last year they did a Christmas Carol and the SNCO was Scrooge)

Followed by leading the squadron in a cadet-ified singalong of the 12 days of Christmas… ie: instead of 5 Gold Rings, it would be 5 Gold Wings… 4 Pairs of Rank Slides … etc.

1 Like

What about a Sod’s Opera?

2 Likes

This was always our highlight for Wing Field Weekend!

1 Like

We used to do them fairly frequently at the unit i was a cadet at, they’re also actually pretty useful for gauging the true health of the unit, as wise staff will learn a lot from them.

For example, when I was a sgt, there came a point when the senior cadet NCOs were all sergeants, and the four of us started really having a go at eachother, jostling for FS. When the staff finally twigged why we’d all gone so badly downhill, they decided to promote the least objectionable of the four to be FS, hoping a resolution to the succession fight would unite the sergeants.

It worked in fact, but only because the meek sergeant turned out to be a prat of a FS, and the three of us left united in our dislike.

Cue the annual sod’s opera, and we had one of the cadets play the FS, by dressing him up as Darth Vader…
I played Obi Wan in the inevitable fight, ending with the immortal line “You were the chosen one! You were supposed to bring balance!”

1 Like

I always loathed Sods Operas as a Cadet and my opinion hasn’t changed as a member of staff.

We used to have some quite entertaining staff shoots with novelty targets when I was a CWO, would cost you your ticket these days.

2 Likes

We used to shoot at figure 11 targets, which would probably have the same result these days.

1 Like