RAF Regt Work Experience Courses

Don’t make me get my moderating hat on.

Oh stop flirting you!

1 Like

Please tell me it has a feather on it? :wink:

1 Like

I’ve asked one of the Regt sqn bosses at HON…

1 Like

And done.

Unlocked by request.

Keep on topic please.

1 Like

Thanks…

From the Rockery at HON:

There is the Potential Gunner Acquaintance Course (PGAC) and Potential Regiment Officers Course (PROC), but these generally target people in the careers office system and are a pre-selection requirement for joining.

Still waiting to get more direct information from the RAF Regt Recruitment Team.

So, perhaps a work experience cse with a taster of the PGAC / PROC would be a good recruitment tool if it could be spun up?

Or just use the already established Parachute regiments Insight weekend or the Royal Marines look at life courses.

That’s what the course used to be (or is, if it’s currently running).

Posted on the SharePoint Calendar today…

Calling Notice

40 Cadet places available for a Look at Life Camp at RAF Barnhill

1 Like

RAF Barnham

Oops :grimacing:

One has opened up, message me for the dates

Used to be a nuclear weapons servicing station in the past. Only in recent years has it appeared on OS maps. fascinating history, suggest you google it.

In fact there are still buildings from is former use on site.

http://www.bunkertours.co.uk/barnham.htm

I missed this thread first time round, but when my steplad wanted to be a Forward Air Controller, he went to Honington for the 3 day selection process

Previously though, I was able to get him a week’s work experience with 7FP at Coningsby which, although wasn’t exactly mud & bullets, gave him an insight to what he would be letting himself in for.

Are you near a unit which could do that Matt?

Does anyone know what you do as a cadet in the work experience courses?

Has anyone been and can anyone give any tips from experience?

The regiment one?

Yup that one

1 Like