Raf money/purse belt

Does anyone know if its possible to find one of these belts anymore or conversely an RAF handbag?
Thanks

You should have a handbag issued.

Purse belts donā€™t exist anymore as they became obsolete when the old style stable belt went the same way.

Really? You are saying that Cadets are officially-scaled for that? Iā€™ve never been able to get a single one for any of my girls in over 11 years.[quote=ā€œScrounger, post:2, topic:3046ā€]
Purse belts donā€™t exist anymore as they became obsolete when the old style stable belt went the same way.
[/quote]

Not convinced, Iā€™ve seen both of these worn (seperately!) fairly-recently Iā€™m sure.

Apologies. Thought the OP was an adult member of staff.

Obsolete but still permitted.
I have a couple at the squadron but I donā€™t know where to acquire a new one.

Shame no one makes them anymore, Someone should make a new design of purse belt out of stable belt colours.

Iā€™d expect Silvermans will still stock the original leather-strapped stable-belts (in both the original broad-weave ā€˜maleā€™ size, and in the narrower ā€˜femaleā€™ width material, which was the type&size adapted for the chrome locket varients).

Iā€™d also be astounded if they donā€™t also still have purse-belts in stock. Silvermans is never cheap, but hard to beat.

Done. Worked perfectly. Need to re-do it, and post some ā€˜Instructablesā€™ pics

EDIT
Bingoā€¦just like I said. Indeed they do stock 'em, and theyā€™re 40 of your Earth pounds each
[URL]RAF STABLE BELT

I had to turn it the right way round, the damn thing was downside-up, online

Old style Stable Belts are still ok, I wear mine and donā€™t own a new style one. I hate the cheap tacky things.

1 Like