RAF Greatcoat

I guess if officers had the option to wear a beret you’d see far fewer of them out and about.

Don’t see many SNCOs wearing them do you.

I only wear my peak when I’m in 1’s so at most twice a year. So a beret would be a nice addition to the wardrobe.

I was issued a raincoat. Never worn it.

The Brylcreem really helps here,

You can also go the full Easy Company and wear it really low on the forehead.

Berets & blues??? :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Sure do, haven’t found anyone who’d buy it yet! Perhaps it will stay in my wardrobe until I one day go back to the light blue…

1 Like

I must admit I get quite a lot of wear out of my No1s - if the cadets are in Wedgewoods and Jumpers, I and my staff are in No1s - so the OCs parade every two months we are all in No1s

1 Like

Well, blow me down…

My memory had faded - I thought I had sold it yonks ago, but I have discovered my greatcoat in the garage after a mega-tidy up! :slight_smile:

It had been carefully stored folded up in a “suit bag” & doesn’t seem any worse for the long hibernation; no moth, just slightly musty. Looks like it needs the rear hem just to be re-tacked up in one place, but that’s a 5 min job. Tiny part of the lining (2 - 3 inches) is undone by the inside hanging loop, but there is no way that you would dare hang this weighty coat up on that. It’s got flt lt rank & staybrite buttons in very good condition. Other than the very minor points mentioned, I would describe this as in very good nick.

With just a golf shirt on, it still fits :open_mouth: - so that’s is about a 42" chest measurement - but it certainly wouldn’t with a No 1 uniform underneath. Subjectively, I would say no more than a 40" chest with uniform on.

Please PM if you are interested in buying. Might have a couple of No 1 sets somewhere too.

6 Likes

I only wear a sidecap when undertaking International Rescue work, get’s confusing otherwise.

Joking aside I also find them to be a bit pants. To each their own!

3 Likes

Does anyone have a summary of what this said? It seems to be lost with the move of VoV to teams.

Other than my summary above, no - if you’re an OR then I appreciate that’s not helpful!