RAF Greatcoat

Why does AP1358 say ok for ceremonial but 1358C explicitly bans it for ceremonial?

Basically… please please please can a uniform keeno rewrite that paragraph in ac1358c so its actually understandable and useable.

Email. WO Moss at ATF he’s a gold editor of 1358C for clarification.

Probably because the RAF holds stocks of them. So can guarantee their condition, number and uniformity.

We can’t.

The problem with AP1358C and greatcoats is that the entire presence of that Warm was a joke. Foley took it to the photoshoot for a giggle, and it ended up in the book.

This.

I believe they are issues for ceremonial occasions and returned post occasion.

My RAF supply contact has told me No 1s are potentially going the same way

Im failing to see the joke.
Uniform is uniform.

If it is as you say an error it’s in 1358c it should be reported and corrected. Not laughed about.

Else whats the point in all the other moaning of standards people on here do?

The joke was at the time the picture was taken greatcoats weren’t allowed at all, and somehow it was the picture which led to them being added. The second joke was it’s not actually a greatcoat anymore!

1 Like

No1s for RAF personnel or RAFAC?

That’s how Tunics work in Policing for most forces now. They aren’t issued but you will be loaned one for those rare occasions you need them. (Funerals, Commendation Ceremonies and Coroners Court are pretty much the only times most officers will wear one so why spend the money).

RAF Personnel

1 Like

I don’t see a massive issue with it to be honest. Unless you are in a public/VIP facing role how often will the number 1s come out of the cupboard.

I remember a SI telling me he’s never worn his number ones as much as he has since joining the RAFAC.

My brother did 16-17 years and I doubt he wore his Number 1’s 10 times.

Clearly we need to be wearing them more. They used to fly in the things!

4 Likes

Indeed… it is “Number 1 Standard Dress” after all!

I probably wear mine 3 times a year on average.

Maybe sad… but everytime feels special.

1 Like

Agreed. I am sure others in here were also told the same thing, that when civilians are wearing suits, the appropriate dress for RAF personnel would be no. 1s.

Now, I barely see anyone (including myself) in no. 1s without medals. That means we aren’t wearing them on a whole bunch of occasions when they would have been worn in the past.

I feel a late New Year’s Resolution coming on…

It’s laziness often.

I recall a meeting at my old unit with the crazy boss. She told us that for a press opportunity we had the next week that the cadets will be in full Wedgwood’s with tie. Then asked the FS what the staff should be wearing.

He suggested No1s, as being the appropriate equivalent. She didn’t like that, as it may involve wearing a tie. So she turned up in short sleeves.

If the cadets are wearing a tie then so am I.

10 Likes

I always wear a tie, except mid summer. I don’t like short sleeve shirts.

Wish we could wear Working Blue sometimes.

1 Like

I have never worn my short sleeve shirt on squadron. The OC prefers staff in ties.

I do treat myself to wearing a sidecap though if the cadets are in working blue.

I have a funny story about a member of staff and 2C uniform…

2 Likes