RAF Astra Awards - RAFAC Digital Team nomination

Copy Pasta from the RAFAC SharePoint Announcement

The RAFAC Digital team have been nominated for an RAF Astra Award in partnership with the Astra Appivate team for the launch of the MyRAFAC app earlier this year.
This award sits within the People’s Choice category, where members of The Whole Force can vote on the winner. We’re encouraging all CFAVs and Permanent Staff to take part in the public voting using the Microsoft Forms link below, which closes at 2359hrs on the 21 October 2022.

MS Forms Voting (please use your RAFAC Personal Account)

Your support is greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I won’t be voting on this personally. And hear me out:

I think what the Digital Team has done/is doing is awesome. And award worthy. But I don’t agree with this blanket announcement with a sort of “We’ve been nominated please vote for us” without even linking to where we can see the nominations. I’ve had a search around and can’t actually see anything about the other nominations. (Unless I’m being bad at searching, and happy to be corrected!)

From the list of options of “Where did you see about this” there are a lot on there that we can’t see. Is there a public release talking about each person/group somewhere? If so why was this not also linked in the announcement.

Signposting us to the competition, saying that the Digital team has been nominated, but with all the others on there too would have been great. But straight up linking to the form used to vote asking for us to vote for them without any other context feels a bit wrong to me.

5 Likes

The Nominations are all listed on the MS Form, but no detail as to what each nominee has done. THe Digital Team themselves hasn’t been nominated, t’s actually Astra Appivate that has been nominated, for their work on the MyRAFAC App.

I suspect the reason you can’t see anything else publicly is because it’s all internal to the RAF other than the link to us and MyRAFAC.

Yeah, so I saw this initially and then wondered what good things these other people/groups had done, and wanted to find out more before blindly voting. Couldn’t find anything :man_shrugging:

Exactly. So why should we be voting on something we can’t actually judge… If this is how it goes down then it’s just a case of which nomination can share the link the vote the most.

2 Likes

Or we could vote for it because it affects our organisation :grinning:

1 Like

Under the bit of “where did you find out about this”

Do we put “Air Cadet Central Web Forum”?

6 Likes

It was also mentioned on the RAF’s Inside Air podcast a while back.

1 Like

The citations are on modnet so we havent got direct access but i asked and here’s what was written:

3 Likes

That’s useful.

I’d still like to hear about what the other nominees did too.

Hi all,

I appreciate the comments above and perhaps we could have been a bit clearer in the communication that went out, unfortunately I don’t have access to all of the citations because they are on Modnet which I don’t have access to. Thank you Mike for sharing our citation. My understanding is that the other projects are all very RAF specific and in many cases very branch/profession specific and given that this is a people’s choice award, it was hoped that given My RAFAC is all about our organisation, it would encourage some support from our own membership.

The nomination is in the name of Astra Appivate, however the nomination is very much a combined Astra Appivate and RAFAC Digital nomination specifically linked to the MyRAFAC work, it was done in the name of Astra Appivate as that is a known quantity within the RAF whereas RAFAC Digital wouldn’t necessarily mean anything.

If I can get the other citations I will but given voting closes tomorrow, I’m not sure I will.

Here’s the link to the Inside Air episode which features the Aptivate team:

3 Likes

I’ll totally nominate when MyRAFAC and Cadet Portal are one entity. I’d also prefer to nominate VSDT specifically.

1 Like

VSDT doesn’t exist as an entity anymore. . .
https://rafac.sharepoint.com/sites/BADERHub/SitePages/Introducing-RAFAC-Digital-Branch.aspx

2 Likes

But it does in my heart <3

2 Likes