RAF Akrotiri

Hi
Having been put forward for a camp next year to RAF Akrotiri i was wondering if anyone has been before and can tell me what it was like and what you do?

sun, sea, sand and occasional marching. I enjoyed it so much I went back the next year

Here’s something I wrote earlier…

The overseas camps are aimed slightly more towards the older cadets, and as such don’t overdo the inspections and standards as much as some UK camps - that’s not to say that you can walk around looking like a sack of ****, but that instead of being told exactly what needs to be done, you are just expected to get it done. The program is very good and usually very busy, but be prepared to spend a lot of time in a bus going somewhere - at least 2 of the days will be 3 hours drive away, but you’ll probably be sleeping on the bus and not notice :stuck_out_tongue: Accomodation has moved in the last couple of years, and while it’s basic, it’s perfectly good enough (3 person rooms, Singles for staff cadets, Hot showers, drying room…), the mess is only a short walk away but has a silly rule as to what you’re allowed to take without paying extra (just ask when you get there). When you arrive you’ll need to do an easy swimming test (3x25m + 2 mins treading water - no time limit on the swimming) no-one fails that normally. but after that: Watersports, Waterpark, UN, North Cyprus, Kareoke, see some roman ruins, Go karting, Red arrows (W/Display if you’re lucky), EOD live demonstration (yes- explosions!), SAT Range, EOD Visit (w/command task bits) and all the normal bits (FAMEX{AKA - get lost}, Drill comp, Inspections, Sporty bits…)

I went last easter as CWO I/C B Flt and loved it, as did all my cadets - I hope you have fun (If you got selected…) any more questions, PM me!