RAF Adv Trg Centre Fairbourne. Long term future?

Paddling wise, not so much. Tidal is ok, but the nearest lake is Bala (40 mins) and white water, even further

iā€™m tempted to think that the ACO should wait a couple of months and pick up one of the Outdoor Activity centres that will inevitibly go to the wall with the loss of income due to Corona virusā€¦

Cwrt y Gollen (couple of miles past Crickhowell on the A40) would be a very good option - 1 hour and 15 from the west midlands - or perhaps take over one of the accommodation buildings at Sennybridge Camp: canoeing on the Usk and Wye, hillwalking in the Brecon Beaconsā€¦

4 Likes

Trawsfynydd is just past Coed Y Brenin. You have to pay a launch fee, but Iā€™ve negotiated that down in the past as we would be using it on a number of weekdays. Worth it for the on site cafe!

I do agree on the WW though. Lower T is closest probably at Bala, unless you do some work in Barmouth harbour around the stanchions in the tidal flow.

2 Likes

I like Trawsfynydd, but itā€™s not a lot different to Bala in terms of distance. (But it is a more interesting paddle)

The Lower T is currently blocked as well I believe. Tree down. So next weekā€™s WW Award course could require even more driving!