QBHL - (ACF) Cadet featured

Well done to all who made it onto the QBHL 2019.

But surprised to see this young chap on it:

Didn’t realise cadets could actually get through to the list

This award was actually made in the 2017 NYHL, not this year.

It would be interesting to know if any other cadets who have received state awards.

It does open the question however, that how a cadet awarded a medal would be able to wear it on uniform. Would a cadet wearing Number 1s be permitted to wear ribbons / medals ?

1 Like

Their own, yes. Not sure about ACF rules but for RAFAC that is the only way.
I’m also curious why the name was redacted when the information would be publicly available.

https://armycadets.com/news-and-events/news/acf-cadet-and-volunteer-recognised-in-the-queens-new-year-honours-list-2017/

I would certainly have choice words to say to anyone who objected.

Also I agree, no need to redact a name that has been officially released like this.

Incidentally, what are the army rules on medals/ribbons on working dress? Would a cadet or staff member wear them on PCS?

Only with special dispensation which is normally given at Remembrance Sunday. This usually only mentions Reserves and CFAVs, but again if a cadet had been awarded a BEM I’d tell them to wear it!

I believe HRH The Duke of Sussex was awarded the QGJM as a member of the Royal Household, rather than as a cadet in the Eton CCF, so an example of a cadet wearing a medal, but not an example of a medal being awarded to a ‘cadet’ per se.

My apologies, I thought you were showing it as an example of a cadet awarded a medal per my previous query.

1 Like

It was not reintroduced to the military division so that rules out the entire officer contingent, but agree that SNCO,CI, Padre, Civ comm etc should be getting more.

1 Like

Well, the CFC isn’t a military commission, so surely they can be eligible??

They stated that officers would continue to be awarded on the military division, I have my doubts over the legality of that but that’s the current position. Though if we are classed as employed by the Air Ministry (or successor department) then that’s probably ok, but let’s not open that can of worms :grinning:

An old version of the Statutes of the Order but I’m sure the current ones, which I cannot find, will have similar wording. I’ll be surprised if they mention the cadet forces