Promotions

Hi guys,
Im currently a sergeant and would like to get to F/S has anyone got any tips on what to do to get there?
Many Thanks

[quote=“dannygee94” post=5073]Hi guys,
Im currently a sergeant and would like to get to F/S has anyone got any tips on what to do to get there?
Many Thanks[/quote]

Usually a crisp £50.00 note is a good starting point

[quote=“Leeroy” post=5075][quote=“dannygee94” post=5073]Hi guys,
Many Thanks[/quote]

Usually a crisp £50.00 note is a good starting point[/quote]

haha

i guess it depends on whether you’re a cadet sgt or a sgt(ATC). if the latter, you’ll just have to wait it out. if the former, i guess it would depend on squadron size and number of fs you already have.

Do a good job as a sergeant.

Speak to your staff and see what they say!

Just buy some Flight Sergeant rank slides and start wearing them. I bet you can manage at least two weeks before anybody notices.

I might try that with one of my NCOs!

I might try that with one of my NCOs![/quote]

I’ve always enjoyed turning people’s rank slides upside down when they leave an item of clothing unattended. The funniest bit is when somebody says “Look at your rankslides!” so they turn their head to look at their shoulder or look down at their chest, see the rank the right way round from their perspective, look confused and crack on with their day. On average I’ve found it needs to be pointed out to the wearer three times.

This.

Don’t try too hard though - you’ll just grind with people.

Don’t undercut your seniors, but offer help and pitch in when you can.

Just do your best and show that you’re currently operating to the standard of FSgt. Don’t get pushy and arrogant, and recognise whether or not there is actually a vacancy. Ask your Sqn staff as they know best and then they can recognise you’re keen and will appreciate you wanting to do more.