Promotions without MOI

I was recommended for a promotion by many people on mine and other squadrons (this got sent to wing commander) I haven’t completed moi yet so I was wondering if I can still be promoted

Nothing that says must have MOI…although it wouldnt hurt.

Take it as a win your Sqn team rate your ability.

2 Likes

Yes.

MOI is not a requirement for cadet promotions.

ACP20, PI501:

1. Promotion of cadet NCOs. Sqn COs can promote cadets up to the rank of cadet flight sergeant. For promotion to cadet corporal, a cadet should ideally have attained Leading Cadet classification. For promotion to sergeant a cadet should have at least 3 months experience as a corporal and have attained Senior Cadet classification. These classification attainments may be reduced by one stage by the Sqn CO in exceptional cases such as an urgent need to fill an establishment vacancy or a deserving high quality but slow learning cadet.

That said, your CO may have different requirements based on the needs of your unit.

If your sqn staff are considering you for promotion, they will know if you’ve done the MOI, as such if they aren’t worried neither should you be. IMO MOI bring a false expectation as such superfluous.
As we are still recovering from the pandemic the promotion process is becoming more pragmatic than dogmatic. I’ve promoted cadets in the last year who in old times may not have been, but because we need NCOs to assist running parade nights it has to be that way. The staff have been a bit more on hand with on the job training so to speak.

Ok cool thanks

If its a promotion to cadet Cpl or Sgt, then its probably not important, but to FS or CWO, then it may be useful, but i still wouldn’t worry about it too much