Promotion?

I’m one of the youngest cadets being only 13 ( I joined at 12). Almost every other cadet is older than me. If I work hard enough is it possible that I could become an NCO at 13 or 14? I feel like it’s gonna take longer for me to do everything than the other cadets. What criteria would you think would make me eligible for promotion.

I joined at 12, and then was promoted to Cpl on my 14th birthday. The criteria of a JNCO is in ACTO7. This outlines the roles and job specification of a Cpl. Have a read through.

Also, in our squadron, we expect NCOs, as well as potential, to know the number of important APs and ACPs. For example, AP818 is drill, AP1358c is uniform, ACP 5 is health and safety etc. Did you know this?

Mainly, work hard, dont slack, have good uniform and know your stuff. Volunteer for as much as possible. Do the rubbish stuff to get picked for the good stuff.

Do u have to be leading cadet to get promoted?

It is recommended but not strictly required. Check locally.

no you do not, It would be beneficial if you were as becoming a JNCO implies that you have to teach lessons.

The book says that you have to be a leading Cadet to be a Cpl and a Senior Cadet to be a Sgt, however it also says that OC’s can lower this by one if there is a pressing local need or if an otherwise good candidate can’t pass exams.

Your OC should have a policy of what they are looking for, mine is published on the wall so that my Cadet should can see it.

1 Like