Promotion Matrix

Only the teaching staff. Anyone else has to do OASC. And if a teacher officer wants to transfer to ATC they need to do OASC regardless of experience or length of service so don’t worry about your precious pool being diluted. After all OASC does such a good job of keeping incompetent officers out of the ATC. Oh wait, the most dishonest and useless RAFAC officer I know was one who transferred to CCF then got sacked from two contingents for gross misconduct and he was banned by District from ever working as an SSI in the CCF again. But the ATC welcomed him back to a Sqn CO role and a Wing role. But yeah, OASC really ensures only the best get through.

Not the case, locally had a long term CI who started to help the CCF they wanted them to be in uniform they said no because of OASC, chat with TEST Officer later and in goes the blue suit and up to OIC.

They are now primary CCF and supernumerary ATC

Silly sods let me through. I scored particularly well on the tea drinking assessment.

Slurp.

1 Like

Cool it people.

That shouldn’t have happened. The regs are quite clear on the point. Though I agree that we should have the same selection process I don’t think OASC serves any purposes for a youth organisation. Also worth noting that we do not receive the same commission even if we do OASC.

I think we’ve been round and round on this one; I thought it was ok, and can honestly tell my older cadets who are keen to go off what to expect - and that the candidates accommodation is awful.

For Officers there is only one promotion now - Plt Off to Fg Off so matrix in line with SNCO development makes sense

• joined and qualified/learnt something useful and used it = promotion

Anything above Fg Off is now role specific so if you are qualified for the role you should get the rank - matrix be dammed!!
Under the new system should you stand down from post you revert to Fg Off - dont want to start the retained rank argument again but makes perfect sense.

If you really want to equalise the sides you could do the same for SNCO - Sgt to FS on matrix with WO for appointed roles (WWO/designated SME/SNCO OCs) and revert on standing down

Awaiting incoming…
ooh its Friday tomorrow…

2 Likes

Totally agree, never seen it :roll_eyes:

I was OASC-qualified; we can do a re-assessment if needed… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

This.

Come again…
We all have CFC now

Gather round now children, Grandpa MJ is going to tell one of his war stories…

Will it be the Vulcan bomber story, or a mess debacle who can tell.

Oil! That’s my seat, move over, pass the popcorn. Ta.

3 Likes

You are commissioned into the Air Training Corps. We are commissioned into the Combined Cadet Force (Royal Air Force). There isn’t a Royal Air Force Air Cadets commission.

Soooo why is there a Flt Lt matrix?

That’s just the branch. The commission is a CFC

Because we have an adminer as Commandant.

1 Like

So why not have the same selection process for the ACF/SCC and the other branches of the CCF? They are all CFCs yet have differing requirements.

Do we have a source that says you don’t have to completed the matrix for Flt alt if you’re a Sqn Cdr?

No one can argue with that ethos, it should be part of the core values for an adult instructor.

I for one am proud of my rank in this organisation, it is after all an ancestor of a corps that committed people to the war effort.

Arguably, it teaches youngsters that the willy waving brigade do exist, and how to deal with them. Tell me you never came across someone like this in regular service, I know when I was reg and res it was full of them.

Hear hear

Oh, what an accolade. I would like to thank the audience, my family, my sponsors…

Can’t really say too much about my commercial airline travels, we’re a bit restricted on advertising that 70 yr old billionaire Mr Smith flew into St Moritz with his 20 yr old secretary. :wink: However, I can say that Air France failed to load my suitcase today! :skull_and_crossbones:

I’ll add some piccies of my new rifle when lockdown allows me to collect it though.

Same for any updates from hassling 2FTS or MOD.

2 Likes