Promotion Criteria for all Cadets and Staff

Hello, been looking but can’t find, which ACP provides formal Promotion Criteria for for Cadets and Staff. Looking specifically for promotion to CWO (not for myself) and the rest for reference.

1 Like

ACP20, PI503 talks about the CWO process, but doesn’t give exact criteria. Not sure if that’s of any use? As you the staff promotions, that’s also in ACP20 too I think!

2 Likes

As @JoeBloggs says, ACP 20.

For Cdt Corporal, Sergeant and Flight Sergeant, while there are guidelines (para 13 of PI501) there is no actual policy.

1 Like

Different Sqn cdrs have different views (e.g. I expect a potential CWO to hold an adult staff qual such Risk Assessoror media)

Also different wings have different policies as well as it’s a wing appoint so discretion of OC Wing.

The only confirmed thing is that you have to be 18 (except in the CCF but then they have this exact issue with Under Officer :slight_smile: )

Just to add that if you’ve already spoken to your CO about it it might be worth email your Wing Warrant Officer to confirm what the local expectations & standards are.

2 Likes