Prince Philip has died aged 99

The profile photo to use for SM is on the main RAFAC Facebook page if you’ve not been sent it by email

2 Likes

DofE Award have already emailed out their statement too

None of this should be a surprise.
The mechanisms of State and organisations will swing into full OpBridge mode now.

God rest his soul.

My advice is to update the cover image first and the the profile picture on FB.

1 Like

He had an honorary position in the organisation I work in, I’m surprised we’ve had nothing yet…

I was lucky enough to win an Air League scholarship back in the day and was invited to an awards do at St James’.

HRH was the speaker and gave out a few awards.

He then had 10 minutes to fill…
One of the awards he’d given out was for a PPL balloon scholarship, so naturally this led him into a routine all about dropping pigeons behind enemy lines during WW2.

Funnier than any stand up routine, it will live long in Newbie’s family history

RIP

5 Likes

I remember his wicked sense of humour from my DofE presentation. He seemed very genuine and enthused by the award scheme, though I still haven’t forgiven him for deliberately scuffing my toecaps because they were shinier than his. :joy:

6 Likes

I also met him for my Gold Award Presentation, although given I was standing in between two women he obviously ignored me :laughing:

5 Likes

I met him on several occasions. He was a very personable and fun human being.

Blue Skies sir.

1 Like

Fair Winds and Following Seas Sir.

Saying on the news he requested not to have a state funeral

Not an option anyway at present.
Not in traditional format anyways

Facebook has been quite sedate with people’s comments.

Twitter however, has been an absolute cesspit of comments from people. I’m glad I just manage the squadron twitter, and don’t actually have my own to use.

5 Likes

I’m not going to go anywhere near Twitter for a few days…

1 Like

I met HRH twice.

Once in passing at a local event, and a second time when I collected my Gold award from the Palace.

I’m actually surprised the BBC are simulcasting across all their radio networks. I’d have thought things like Radio 1 Dance / Asian Network / Radio nan Gàidheal might have altered programming with more frequent news, but no - they’re all broadcasting the same.

Apart, that is, from CBeebies Radio

You mean the real creme of the airwaves.
Duggee doesnt DJ for free you know!

1 Like

Although Cbeebies does have a pop up message throughout the programmes, warning of a Major News story on BBC1

this might not be news to you, but I’ve just found out that every Royal Family has a different “bridge” - Phillip was Operation Forth Bridge. The Queen is London, Charles is Menai, and the Queen Mother was Tay

we’ve finally had something from our CEO, but nothing on our twitter yet (which has 120k followers), which I’m massively surprised at :man_shrugging:

so maybe RAFAC’s media & comms isn’t as bad as we think!